What are you doing this weekend ?

• 5 Replies

mrs bouquet

What are you doing this weekend ?
« on: July 06, 2018, 20:16 »
A very good friend is organising a charity fund raiser for her very obscure charity, and another friend and I feel obliged to go.  Actually I am sure it will be good with loads of cake and a raffle.  I like to support peoples efforts when I can.
Sunday at 1.30 I have to go to our Windmill summer fete, which is always packed with kiddies and dads and mums.  I have to do the "Coins in the Bath"  Its sweet because there are lots of games and things for the children to spend their pennies.   So thats my weekend wrapped up.
Ah, I just remembered are England playing football ?  Frankly, I don't give a damn (As he said in the film)
But I expect many many thousands of you do.
Whatever it is enjoy,  Regards Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: What are you doing this weekend ?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 21:29 »
Mum's visiting to go to the pop-up Shakespeare Globe theatre (to see Midsummer Night's Dream) on Sunday evening, but before that we will go round the city tomorrow to look at the various gardens and shop windows put together as part of the Bloom! Festival - the 250th anniversary of the Ancient Society of Florists, which is the oldest floristry society in the world.

https://www.bloomyork.com/

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 22:28 »
I shall have everything crossed in hopes that our 2nd grandchild arrives safely before a planned caesarean on Monday if he/she has not put in appearance,in the meantime I will go to my sewing group on Saturday afternoon & then on Sunday attend our local Soapbox Derby down the towns Castle st that my daughter is competing in, the granddaughter is coming on a sleepover so mummy & daddy can get to the hospital for 7.30 on Monday for said c section.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 22:38 »
I am doing as little as possible because the weather is far too hot here and I have had one hell of a week. I deserve a rest before it all starts again on Monday. I will watch tennis and football on Saturday and take in 20 twenty cricket on Sunday.

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 12:49 »
FP - it sure is too hot to do anything and after what sounds like a week in hell I don't blame you for taking it easy.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 21:21 »
FP - it sure is too hot to do anything and after what sounds like a week in hell I don't blame you for taking it easy.
I’ve certainly enjoyed the football today GG.

clip
This weekend I have mostly...

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post December 07, 2021, 14:26
by Blackpool rocket
xx
Extra hour snoozing this weekend

Started by Tenhens on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post October 29, 2018, 11:37
by al78

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 40 queries.