Mama Mia !!!

• 4 Replies

mrs bouquet

Mama Mia !!!
« on: July 25, 2018, 11:36 »
Saw the new film yesterday - a better story line, although quite hard to follow as there were two casts, young and old, and it kept on flicking from one to other. Cher sang two songs, her beautiful contralto voice made up for  erm maybe some others not so good.   But overall 4 out of 5, but I don't think they could do another one  :).   Stay cool guys  8) Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

Re: Mama Mia !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 15:47 »
I believe they changed some of the original words so as to avoid any unpolitical correctness and anything that might make children feel uncomfortable. I watched Mark Kermode's film review and he said it's just barmy and I totally agree!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 17:08 »
Gg, f you have seen it can you please explain to me the relationship between Cher and the older man with the beard, when she sang Fernando.   I just didn't get that.   but there was very little of the dialogue that I could hear anyway.   But I did enjoy the multi-person dance sequences.   Please let me know if you can explain this "vital" ! bit of the film  :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 14:58 »
I haven't seen it and don't want to because I saw the original Abba film in the seventies and can't understand this peculiar come-back which is, to me, a travesty of their lyrics.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 18:57 »
Thanks for your reply, if anybody else tells you that bit of the plot, please let me know  :lol: :lol: Mrs Bouquet

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 35 queries.