carrots in pots

• 3 Replies

DadBear

• Experienced Member
carrots in pots
« on: March 30, 2007, 10:19 »
can i grow my carrots from seed in those little arthur bowers pots that rot away in the ground? the plan was to plant the seed in them, grow them on in the warm then plant out the whole pot when they're ready... or would the plant need taking out of the pot due to the tap roots ?. Thanks, John :?  :?
trying to be organic....

WG.

Re: carrots in pots
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 10:33 »
Quote from: "DadBear"
can i grow my carrots from seed in those little arthur bowers pots that rot away in the ground? the plan was to plant the seed in them, grow them on in the warm then plant out the whole pot when they're ready... or would the plant need taking out of the pot due to the tap roots ?. Thanks, John :?  :?

Hardly seems worth the expense John unless you are growing very early for competitions - you can plant outdoors very soon, if not now.  But, yes, it would work; the carrot would grow thru' the bottom of the pot.

celtbhoy

• Experienced Member
Re: carrots in pots
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 12:42 »
Quote from: "whisky_golf"
Quote from: "DadBear"

Hardly seems worth the expense John unless you are growing very early for competitions - you can plant outdoors very soon, if not now.  But, yes, it would work; the carrot would grow thru' the bottom of the pot.

try toilet or kitchen roll inserts.same thing only cheaper,

DadBear

• Experienced Member
carrots in pots
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 16:07 »
Thanks both, the only reason I thought about the little pots, is that I have inherited loads in my shed! i thought that they would give the wee carrots the best start!...Have put a load in my propogator today, will see how they go ! :D

xx
Carrots for pots

Started by penance on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post February 07, 2009, 13:43
by Stripey_cat
xx
Carrots in pots

Started by bluelou on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post April 14, 2010, 09:53
by bluelou
xx
growing carrots in pots

Started by alancas on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post July 27, 2020, 08:50
by Mr Dog
xx
Carrots in paper pots.

Started by Riala on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 01, 2009, 08:55
by Riala

Page created in 0.422 seconds with 36 queries.