aspen4

• 7 Replies

rowlandwells

aspen4
« on: December 07, 2019, 17:44 »
I had a problem with our chainsaw cutting out took it back to the dealer to rectify the problem the problem was the fuel filter and after replacing it with a new one no problem the saw had been standing in the shed for several months with old petrol in it

so the dealer advise me was to use a fuel called aspen 2 for the two stroke and aspen 4 for the four stroke especially for our rotavator that will be standing for several months with petrol in the tank before we use it

I wanted to ask if anyone had used this fuel and how you rated it replies appreciated RW

jezza

Re: aspen4
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 19:44 »
Hello it depends on the age of the chain saw new ones  with 2mix engineswill run on it older ones don't like it as it's petroleum distillate there's no ethanol or other fuel additives in it except 2 stroke oil  did the dealer tell you the price £21.00for 5 litres with oil in it £18.00 for 4 stroke I have a 2017 .ower with a 10.5 up engine it won't run on aspen  or bio petrol made from wheat ,as long as you use a funnel with a filter in it and change the filter at least once a year it should be ok  jezza

rowlandwells

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 08:50 »
its all about knowing and not knowing so thanks for that info Jezza I never thought about getting a funnel with a filter I already have one for the tractors must get another for the petrol anyway thanks again for that advise dully noted RW

PS
1LTR £4.78

jezza

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 11:48 »
Hello times £4.78 by 5 over 21quid it's ok for home use but commercially people won't want to pay   jezza

rowlandwells

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 16:19 »
I think your rite Jezza it is a bit costly  I'm only going to use aspen 2 & 4 if the machines are standing overwinter or for long periods

jezza

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 20:06 »
Hello I have just tried Aspen 2 stroke mix in my new Brush cutter it does not like it it's a 2 mix all singing all dancing electronic control engine I've had to do 2 mtronic service adjustments in 3 hours to get it to work the old machine ran well on it it just coughed twice a very loud bang and kept running I won't be buying Aspen again  jezza

rowlandwells

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 09:08 »
Hi  Jezza so your not happy with using aspen sorry its not working for you because I have spoke to many who have started using it and no one has said its not working although they have said about the cost of using it
and I think most seem to be using it in there machines to overwinter

but I will pass your comments onto my local garden machine dealer to see what he has to say I must admit I've only bought it to overwinter my machines but having said that I have tried it in my chainsaw and i found no probs

it would be interesting if anyone on site has had the same problems with aspen 4 or 2 will let you know what my machine dealer has to say on the matter

jezza

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 14:30 »
Hello I have just taken my big walk behind mower(10.5hp engine) out of the garage it's been stood since the first of November put key in opened choke started first time on petrol that was left in tank. Will your dealer take the empty fuel containers back I think not none of them do the fuel may be environmentally friendly but the containers go to land fill as they're the wrong type of plastic to be recycled,  I've tried with empty oil cans they go into non recyclable waste   jezza

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 36 queries.