JBA Seed Potato problem

• 26 Replies

bazial

• Experienced Member
Re: JBA Seed Potato problem
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 16:16 »
I got my Potato order from JBA today ,2.5 kg each  of Cara, Charlotte, Kestrel, Lady Christl,and Sarpo Mira.As usual as in previous years  absolutely wonderful quality. I ordered them in october 2013  to be delivered on  17 Feb 2014 and they did .
  So what's all the moaning about Fatbelly ,I think the subject headline  should be altered to Good service from JBA .All my friends who have ordered JBA have had  good service .Why give bad publicity to a good firm .
bazial

MickyB

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 17:11 »
Mine also arrived today as promised  :)

2.5kg of Blue Kestral, Desiree, Estima, Golden Wonder (x2), Pentland Javelin, and Romano - I think I might have ordered too many, Ooops  ::)

I am very pleased with the quality of the spuds! First time I have ordered from JBA and I have to say that I am impressed!

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 18:11 »
I got my Potato order from JBA today ,2.5 kg each  of Cara, Charlotte, Kestrel, Lady Christl,and Sarpo Mira.As usual as in previous years  absolutely wonderful quality. I ordered them in october 2013  to be delivered on  17 Feb 2014 and they did .
  So what's all the moaning about Fatbelly ,I think the subject headline  should be altered to Good service from JBA .All my friends who have ordered JBA have had  good service .Why give bad publicity to a good firm .

Fatbelly is perfectly entitled to post of his personal experiences.  Others have likewise done so, and the balance is redressed. 
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

3 allotments

• now is the time
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 19:32 »
I have had an email today from JBA i ordered 25kg on 6th feb mine will be here tomorrow   :D cant wait to get planting ;)
diggity dig dig

bravemurphy

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 21:59 »

that's a very strong reply.

I wonder what you would do if the shoe was on the other foot.

shoozie

• Winner - Best Sunflower photo, 2014
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 23:06 »
Let's not pick on anybody here folks  :) 

It's been an interesting post.

Happy chitting :D

Snoop

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 08:31 »
In the end, this thread is in fact good publicity for JBA. Anyone who clicks on it will see how many people have had a good experience with them. Fatbelly hasn't followed up on who was at fault, so overall I'd say the balance is in JBA's favour.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2014, 09:00 »
To be fair, we don't know that Snoop.  Fatbelly was going to find out what happened, but maybe has not had much success yet.

JBA do have a good reputation and have received lots of nice compliments on this thread. The fact is that fatbelly has received some seed spuds in not so great condition and just asked for advice on whether it was worth perservering with them, or better to replace them.  I'd be dissapointed if it was me, so I agree with shoozie, let's not risk making anyone feel a bit picked on  :)

Snoop

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2014, 10:31 »
Agreed, New Shoot. I didn't express myself well. I didn't mean to have a go at Fatbelly but to say that this thread is in fact good PR for JBA.

My apologies, Fatbelly.

maxie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2014, 15:42 »
Just found out jba is not far away from me at all,anyhow both the places ive got my seed potatoes are from jba,finally got some lady christl to try.All look top notch.
Prices were £4.00 for 2.5kg or £1.50 a kilo loose at one place.£3.50 for 2.5kg at my usual place.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 15:44 by maxie »

fatbelly

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2014, 07:48 »
Hi All, I rubbed off the leggy white chits placed the tubers in egg trays and they have re chitted and all is well.

As regards where they had been prior to being distributed to plot holders is still a mystery because our Committee member who has a van & trailer & collects them every year for us has gone away for the whole month to Lanzarote so no one has seen him. I have asked other plotters about their seed spuds and all are happy. It could just be that I was initially unlucky but as I said all is now good & I will be planting my spuds in the next 7 - 10 days.

Thanks to new shoot,  snoozie, brave Murphy & yorkie for their comments.
99% Organic and 1% Slug Pellets.

Allotment holder since 27th May 2007.

Snoop

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2014, 08:40 »
Glad it all turned out well.

xx
Potato problem, help!!!!

Started by Diy-king on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 23, 2009, 16:15
by Aunt Sally
xx
Potato problem

Started by gavinjconway on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post September 04, 2012, 15:52
by arugula
xx
A potato problem?

Started by Grubbypaws on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post July 22, 2013, 18:29
by mumofstig
xx
Problem potato

Started by Anton on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 27, 2007, 14:59
by richyrich7

Page created in 0.336 seconds with 40 queries.