Olive's

• 2 Replies

Ropster

Olive's
« on: June 29, 2008, 16:30 »
I have an Olive tree that is covered in Flowers but it never gets any olives on it.
Do I need to polinate it ?

jannie

• Experienced Member
Olive's
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 20:24 »
hi i have one too,  i do get olive's right at the end of the season and they stay on the tree most of the winter a lot smaller than the ones you see on holiday  :) but you cant eat them until you soak them, father in law is italian and he says they soak them in lime :?  havn't seen anything yet to say no thats not right, it puts me off a bit  :( but i cant stop eating them even if they do soak them what i dont see cant hurt me  :) and also found out that the really black ones are coloured with squid ink and i'm allergic to shell fish :cry:  but don't get a reaction  :? going to get tested to find out what shellfish but 2 yr waiting list £250 if i pay private  :evil: but i love fish so everytime anyone is eating shellfish my mouth dosn't stop watering soory going of on one now   :oops: jan :) oh i dont polinate it

Ruby Red

Olive's
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 22:08 »
Jusy today we were saying that the tree has more fruit on it than any other time weve had it. I dont pollinate either, its south facing in a really hot courtyard and I dont eat them (cant stand the things) but the local blackbird population lurve them.
Oh for those halcyon days of England long ago

xx
Olive Tree

Started by lacewing on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 19, 2011, 17:04
by lacewing
xx
Olive Tree

Started by Paul Rhodes on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 07, 2012, 22:51
by Paul Rhodes
xx
Olive trees

Started by Jim T on Grow Your Own

25 Replies
Last post March 24, 2007, 13:27
by Jim T
xx
Olive Tree advice

Started by eeedowls on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 29, 2011, 17:46
by Swing Swang

Page created in 0.313 seconds with 29 queries.