Olive's

• 2 Replies

Ropster

Olive's
« on: June 29, 2008, 16:30 »
I have an Olive tree that is covered in Flowers but it never gets any olives on it.
Do I need to polinate it ?

jannie

• Experienced Member
Olive's
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 20:24 »
hi i have one too,  i do get olive's right at the end of the season and they stay on the tree most of the winter a lot smaller than the ones you see on holiday  :) but you cant eat them until you soak them, father in law is italian and he says they soak them in lime :?  havn't seen anything yet to say no thats not right, it puts me off a bit  :( but i cant stop eating them even if they do soak them what i dont see cant hurt me  :) and also found out that the really black ones are coloured with squid ink and i'm allergic to shell fish :cry:  but don't get a reaction  :? going to get tested to find out what shellfish but 2 yr waiting list £250 if i pay private  :evil: but i love fish so everytime anyone is eating shellfish my mouth dosn't stop watering soory going of on one now   :oops: jan :) oh i dont polinate it

Ruby Red

Olive's
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 22:08 »
Jusy today we were saying that the tree has more fruit on it than any other time weve had it. I dont pollinate either, its south facing in a really hot courtyard and I dont eat them (cant stand the things) but the local blackbird population lurve them.
Oh for those halcyon days of England long ago

xx
Olive trees

Started by Jim T on Grow Your Own

25 Replies
Last post March 24, 2007, 13:27
by Jim T
xx
Olive Tree

Started by lacewing on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 19, 2011, 17:04
by lacewing
xx
Olive Tree

Started by Paul Rhodes on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 07, 2012, 22:51
by Paul Rhodes
xx
Olive Tree advice

Started by eeedowls on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 29, 2011, 17:46
by Swing Swang

Page created in 0.272 seconds with 28 queries.