Lincolnshire Growers

• 4 Replies

rowlandwells

Lincolnshire Growers
« on: November 12, 2019, 16:19 »
 did you see that program on TV last week about the Spalding Auctions and all that lovely Lincolnshire produce those lovely cauliflowers Kale and Jan king cabbage and not forgetting  the pot plants trees and more

we even visited the farm where they where grown the cauli and kale and cabbage looked really nice and fresh  in rows prior to cutting and at auction they sold for pence I thought at those  prices its hardly worth me growing

it was like a breath of fresh air to watch something from the usual tat we see on the TV real down to earth Lincolnshire growers on a small farms  producing good produce we all know there's plenty of work involved in growing veg and sometimes its for a small reward

there advantage is having good growing ground something we home growers try to achieve I just wish my ground was as good as that in Lincolnshire  :D

snowdrops

Re: Lincolnshire Growers
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 16:37 »
Interesting what channel was it? I go to the auction house  for the bulbs for the villages baskets.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

wapello

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 21:21 »
You have hit the nail on the head, when you said they sold for pence, seems every one makes a few bob
except the farmer who puts in all the hard work getting them out of the ground packed and transport.
Colin

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 19:27 »
if I remember it was on BBC2  coast and country auctions about a week ago I'M not quite sure what day because I seen it on catch up TV hope this helps snowdrops

well you know the score Wapello and  how it works coming from that part of the country

grinling

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 19:03 »
large farmers in Lincolnshire lost a lot of brassicas this year due to hot weather and now rain. Supermarkets pay little. My local one's 1st earlies have lasted to now and he said he got more potatoes as the soil is better here than 12 miles away   :D

xx
Commercial Pepper Growers

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post June 21, 2018, 22:10
by grinling

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 43 queries.