Junior Bake Off

• 2 Replies

mrs bouquet

Junior Bake Off
« on: November 09, 2019, 10:37 »
Have you watched these little darlings.    It was so sweet, when they couldn't tie their apron bows behind their backs, and were doing it for each other.   
I have mixed feelings about these type of programmes.  Children being pushed on by mums and dads, is it good or bad,  I am not sure !.    But at least there was no swearing, and Harry Hill, did make the children relaxed.   
I guess we all push our children in some way.  The result was that, in my opinion, much of the baking was better than mine.   :lol:   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Junior Bake Off
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 11:08 »
It is a subject a lot of children get very enthusiastic about these days, so hopefully not too much parental pressure is involved.

OH is involved with scouting and one of his little pack narrowly missed out on appearing on a TV cooking show this year.  The programme organisers have said to make sure to re-apply.

The child in question loves cooking and often brings in treats for everyone to try.  There is some real talent there and while the parents don't push, they are delighted that such a strong interest in a great subject has surfaced.  They proudly boast how well they eat, as this kid researches recipes, asks for ingredients and cooks for the whole family at least once a week.

All the scouts enjoy their regular cooking activities.  They do campfire cooking, Ready, Steady, Cook type contests with ingredients given to them and various other things.  It is a close call between that and doing any sort of crafts that seem to be their favourites   :)

mrs bouquet

Re: Junior Bake Off
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 17:04 »
This is one of the good examples and it is such good experiences for the youngsters.    I am not so sure about the little folk who get pushed into being  "beauty queens " etc, when they are very young.    But I expect they enjoy that as well.     My Mother never pampered me, but my Father did teach me how to drive the tractor, and mix tons of concrete etc.    They always said I should have been born a boy  !!     Mrs B

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 42 queries.