Seed sorting, plot pondering...

• 6 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Seed sorting, plot pondering...
« on: January 02, 2020, 15:48 »
It is a pretty grey and uninspiring day here, so I have been seed sorting, checking I have labels ready (I have a label printer and do them in bulk) and planning where things are going on the plot.

I am about halfway through and on paper it all sounds fine so far.  So I am going to be completely organised by the end of the week - what could possibly go wrong  :nowink:  :lol:

Got me wondering how I have it all sorted in my head at this time of year and when it gets to about mid May it is total chaos, I'm behind with half of it, then too early with the rest and juggling tender seedlings in, out and all about :unsure:

Must be some sinister gardening elf messing with my plans when I am not looking ::)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Seed sorting, plot pondering...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 16:29 »
I usually blame the weather when things go to pot  :lol: Late cold spring, so beds aren't ready, and  germination is slow, so run out of space in the greenhouse - or warm spring and seedlings die and I have to resow  etc etc

It couldn't possibly be my careful planning could it?     Mwahahahaha

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 10:54 »

It couldn't possibly be my careful planning could it?     Mwahahahaha

Of course not!  You are as organised as me - who could think otherwise  ;)   OK if the elf story doesn't wash, I'll blame the weather.  If we both have the same story, it must be true  :lol:

Christine

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 13:08 »
Hah I have an excuse for being disorganised. I've only done 11 weeks on from a knee replacement and the weeding is behind. Especially on plot number 2. But the greenhouse is cleaner than it was this morning.

rowlandwells

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 18:21 »
did a seed audit about a month ago ordered some new seed some have arrived some are pending delivery the end of Jan together with my seed potatoes

usually do a rotation plan like the farmers do for each plot and the raised beds but even the best of plans of mice and men don't always come rite  :D

haven't done anything in the greenhouse yet got a plan to make a seed raising box but as its a cold greenhouse can't see anything happening till next month weather permitting  ;)

theothermarg

• me
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 08:58 »
And how does this huge expanse of ground suddenly change to having to forage around for a spare inch ?
The keep it simple seed order with just couple of variety's of each veg  soon bit the dust when I fell for a veg growing magazine with 10 pkts of seeds in and have promised to go to a potato day where I know they have a few different can't get elsewhere seeds----------------
Tell me and I,ll forget,Show me and I might
remember,Involve me and I,ll understand

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2020, 11:47 »
And how does this huge expanse of ground suddenly change to having to forage around for a spare inch ?

Hmmmmm I know that one  :lol:  Last year it all went wrong from the off with the seed potatoes.  I bought 3 kinds, then got side tracked whilst out with a friend at a garden centre and bought 3 more  :wacko:  They were only small bags but it was silly as I didn't have room and it squished other stuff later into too small a bit of plot.

This year I am resolutely NOT doing that again ... I'll just over plant something else instead :blush:

xx
sorting out the tool shed and workshop

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post November 08, 2020, 17:48
by rowlandwells
xx
seed potatoes

Started by LILLILEAF on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post December 10, 2019, 11:16
by rowlandwells
xx
seed deliveries

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post January 14, 2021, 21:25
by Tenhens
xx
Seed Catalogues!! How many??

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post January 07, 2022, 16:53
by rowlandwells

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 46 queries.