I am soooo Bored !

• 11 Replies

mrs bouquet

I am soooo Bored !
« on: January 16, 2019, 16:03 »
What a horrid day.   Overslept, so missed Church coffee morning.   Finished the crossword, easy today.
Studied instructions to heat my take-away Tesco curry at least ten times, it still says the same thing  :D
Sorted disposal of Christmas cards, was going to make labels, but none were suitable.  Read the boring paper from cover to cover - twice -.   Stared at the rain.   Sent an email to a friend, but it bounced back (my error).
Did a Clay mask face pack, cannot see any difference  :(   Too wet for a walk today, but at least the CH has just come on, so now I can be warmer and bored.   I am just not a lady to sit around like this.    Tomorrow it has got to change.   I cannot be like this.     :lol: :lol:   Hope you've all had a better day than mine  :nowink:   Mrs Bouquet

Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

RubyRed

• Experienced Member
Re: I am soooo Bored !
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 17:01 »
   Today i have mainly been . . . Had the car serviced , took the dog for a short back and sides and bought a goat willow. Asked my football friend for a lift to nottingham Saturday to see Martin Neil take the rains. He gets special parking in the ground car park because his dad is having treatment for cancer. But my friend has broken his ankle and both are catching the train. So I'm taking them both , saves waiting on a draught cold station, and I'm able to park so close I'm almost on the pitch. Win win. Just made a fire, curtains closed and hens put up for the night. I've had a lovely day Mrs b. Could you have visited a garden centre. Do you drive.  :D

rowlandwells

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 17:02 »
well I've got itchy feet to start gardening but its far to wet and muddy down the allotments  but there's plenty to do around the house there's always  plenty to do tidying up cutting up wood for the fire like its going out of fashion chopping sticks for kindling

bought 50 second hand grow bags only used for growing PYO strawberries  put the compost through a sieve  got all the lumps and rubbish out and re-bagged it for  potting plants and using on the raised beds

so we haven't really got time to be bored  and not forgetting if its a wet day we usually go on the bus shopping or get in the car and go to the garden centre for lunch having said that if it snows we mite be grounded  :D                                         

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 19:26 »
Ive just mooted the idea that if the weather is set to get worse it might be time for me to get set & let the marmalade making commence. Plus I’ve got to tidy the bomb site that is my sewing/craft/ironing room lol. I’ve made a start on that one & finally got to the end of the ironing pile that built up during December 😱😂😂( hubby did tell me to stop fretting about it when I was going off to visit my sister 14th Dec & he would do it ,harrumph like that was going to happen) hence my hours stood at the board yesterday & today .
Mrs B, don’t you craft? Could you get a march on some birthday cards or something, I’m also stocking up on Home knitted dishcloths! 😊, I’m on no 7 since Christmas,not bad for me as it’s not my forte.
I’ve also got to get going on granddaughter’s birthday present for the end of Feb & this years addition to her bunting for that celebration as well.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Christine

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 19:50 »
I'm with Mrs B. As the leg with the cracked fibula has to be rested and not walked on very much for a goodly while, I'm grounded - no digging, gardening, going out with the camera. And there's only so much you can do around a small one bedroom bungalow if you are a tidy person.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 21:07 »
Why not just sit down and count your blessings, Mrs B.

I think it would take me a whole day to list mine  ;)

andreadon

• My Diary
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 22:32 »
I'm still digging :D

Which I'm glad of, because otherwise it's my VAT return...

madcat

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 09:34 »
I've got a stinking cold, so just feel sorry for myself!  :( :( :( And it is a lovely day out there ....
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 09:45 »
I seem to be on about the 3rd iteration of the same cold, so also not up for much other than feeling sorry for myself either.  :(
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Goosegirl

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 13:10 »
Today has been unusually sunny so did a little shop then had a walk round the estate to see what's happening.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 15:24 »
That's it. dealt with the 'Hump'.    Even if it had been pouring down, I would have got in the car and gone out.
I didn't fancy the garden centres yesterday, as last week, I had been to them with various friends.
Anyway,  today I got the bus, and then walked 30 mins up the prom, then 30 mins back.   The wind was northerly so the front was quite sheltered and I could actually feel the warmth on the south side.  Then I went into a shop and used a coupon to buy a Tshirt.   Had a mooch around M & S,   Having met a friend on the bus down, I met another friend on the bus back.  So that was all very pleasant and cost me not a cent !
I do craft, but we are starting a new project next week.   I should have done some colouring I guess.
My house never gets too bad because I am a bit obsessive about being neat and tidy, and the ironing had been done as well.   I am still having to rest the right arm, but am  due to see the consultant early Feb.
I received an email from my lovely niece, who has recently moved to Cornwall.  (we had beeen out of touch for much too long), so that brightened me up as well.
Tomorrow would be my Mum's birthday, she would be 98.  She died just a year ago, and I miss my Darling OH so much as well.  Its hard to stay bouyant all the time.      I really don't know what I would do without all my lovely friends on this site.   I have know some of you now for 10 years, so you are good buddies.

Thanks everybody,  regards,  Mrs Bouquet

jaydig

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 15:30 »
I'm really glad you're feeling better and more cheerful Mrs B.  I'm sure the darker, shorter days don't help, but you did exactly the right thing by shaking your feathers and taking yourself out.  Sometime just a change of scenery helps, and the fact that you met people you could chat with was lovely.
I think we all get a bit down now and then, but it must be worse when you are on your own and you don't seem to see people around so much in the winter.
Big hug from me, and chin up, it will soon be Spring.

xx
Festive season, anyone else bored?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

20 Replies
Last post January 03, 2023, 07:24
by Christine

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 52 queries.