ouch

• 4 Replies

flowergirl

ouch
« on: September 10, 2007, 18:29 »
yesterday when trying to fix my qualcast panther push mower i managed to mow my thumb luckly its ok but the mower is making a loud CLUNKING noise (after OH rammed it over a bump)ive taken the roller bit off and the grass box do i need to keep fiddeling with the adjuster screws or is it ment to make that noise?

muntjac

ouch
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 21:57 »
sounds like the cutter is catching the base plate .undo both the adjusting bolts .then take a piece of paper( newspaper will do ) lay this on the base plate ,now lower the cutter baldes down to the paper  rotating it as you go ..( the blades) this will balance up the blades .tighten them down equally  doing a few turns at each end /rotate the blades and check it no longer catches or makes the noise . in some cases a chip or dent makes the base plate catch .check for this if it has one .take it off and hammer it down on a anvil or vice head til flat :wink:  :)
still alive /............

flowergirl

ouch
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 13:37 »
thanks is that totally undo the screws or just till they are at the end?and what does the paper do am i suppose to be cutting it up or just brushing it?sorry for being dumb!!

muntjac

ouch
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 13:45 »
no undo it completly then you can see if it has any chunks taken out the base plate . the paper is used to check the blades turn level and they dont rip the paper on the base plate  :wink: . the gap you need is just about post card thickness between the base plate and the blades  :wink:

flowergirl

ouch
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 13:54 »
thankyou so much will do that this afternoon :D

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 33 queries.