Spicy pumpkin soup

• 21 Replies

ness

• Experienced Member
Spicy pumpkin soup
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 20:53 »
Ok now for the inane question by me!  Can you use the pumpkin flesh after its been used as a lantern?  Got 4 beautiful pumpkins carved as lanterns for yesterday, it seems such a shame to compost them already.
Any help gratefully received
Ness x

muntjac

Spicy pumpkin soup
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 20:59 »
if you use a candle then the answer is no the flesh will be toxic with carbon fumes etc  , sorry  :)
still alive /............

ness

• Experienced Member
Spicy pumpkin soup
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 21:27 »
Thanks, looks like the compost for them.  Dont want to make spicy toxic pumpkin soup!  My cookings got a bad enough reputation! :oops:

jacnal

• http://jacnal.blogspot.com/
Spicy pumpkin soup
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 23:03 »
I made the soup - yummers! Even Mr Jac had a bowl and a second one.... and he claims to be allergic to pumpkins :roll:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I made it so hot (spicy) though, but that didn't dampen at all. Making more on Saturday for the family :wink:

Thanks Aggy!
Jac

Trying organic gardening. Hoping to stick to it.

muntjac

Spicy pumpkin soup
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 23:08 »
Quote from: "jacnal"
I made the soup - yummers! Even Mr Jac had a bowl and a second one.... and he claims to be allergic to pumpkins :roll:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I made it so hot (spicy) though, but that didn't dampen at all. Making more on Saturday for the family :wink:

Thanks Aggy!

its even brilliant cold jaq .and even better when its reheated the next day lmao :lol:  :lol:

jacnal

• http://jacnal.blogspot.com/
Spicy pumpkin soup
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 23:25 »
Quote from: "muntjac"

Thanks Aggy!

its even brilliant cold jaq .and even better when its reheated the next day lmao :lol:  :lol:

I'm definitely taking a flask to work tomorrow. We're so busy at the moment, I hardly get time for a proper lunch :cry: . Been living on fruit and cold packed pasta for lunch all week as the microwave at work is broken and people have to go down or up a floor to heat up food :roll: . Tomorrow, I'll heat it up on the stove, flask it and just pour into a bowl and eat for lunch.

muntjac

Spicy pumpkin soup
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 23:26 »
Quote from: "muntjac"

Thanks Aggy!

I'm definitely taking a flask to work tomorrow. We're so busy at the moment, I hardly get time for a proper lunch :cry: . Been living on fruit and cold packed pasta for lunch all week as the microwave at work is broken and people have to go down or up a floor to heat up food :roll: . Tomorrow, I'll heat it up on the stove, flask it and just pour into a bowl and eat for lunch.

dont forget the crunchy french stick  :lol:  :lol:

xx
Spicy (and healthy!) butternut squash soup

Started by Elcie on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

0 Replies
Last post August 25, 2009, 10:53
by Elcie
xx
Pumpkin soup

Started by Debz on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

8 Replies
Last post November 02, 2008, 13:24
by chickchick
xx
pumpkin soup

Started by LILLILEAF on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

3 Replies
Last post August 28, 2016, 18:34
by snowdrops
xx
Pumpkin soup

Started by Annie on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

4 Replies
Last post October 28, 2006, 23:57
by muntjac

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 38 queries.