Muslin

• 2 Replies

Shirley

Muslin
« on: June 13, 2007, 15:36 »
Having a glut of strawberries (am I ringing any bells here?) I needed some wax discs for my jarm jars - in a hurry.  On the net I found wwwjustpreserving.co.uk and bingo the wax discs and other essentials I didn't know I needed,  turned up next morning.    

Then I remembered Val's comment in her recipe section about using old pop socks because she couldnt find where to buy muslin in reasonable amounts.  Well...this company has 100cm x 91 cm "Chef's Muslin" at £3.95.  

May save a lot of sticky toes...  :roll:

Shirley
Shirl

Smudgeboy

• Experienced Member
Re: Muslin
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 12:40 »
Quote from: "Shirley"
Having a glut of strawberries (am I ringing any bells here?) I needed some wax discs for my jarm jars - in a hurry.  On the net I found wwwjustpreserving.co.uk and bingo the wax discs and other essentials I didn't know I needed,  turned up next morning.    

Then I remembered Val's comment in her recipe section about using old pop socks because she couldnt find where to buy muslin in reasonable amounts.  Well...this company has 100cm x 91 cm "Chef's Muslin" at £3.95.  

May save a lot of sticky toes...  :roll:

Shirley

Or cheesy jams!
Veg? That's chips, innit?

Bernard

• Experienced Member
Muslin
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 19:43 »
I wondered for years where this 'muslin' came from then found it in the forem of bage ar the local brewing/health food shop.

xx
Muslin squares

Started by matilda duck on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

18 Replies
Last post June 24, 2009, 15:24
by HelenK
xx
cheap muslin

Started by mumofstig on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

7 Replies
Last post October 29, 2009, 13:43
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 35 queries.