Selling our home.

• 7 Replies

Goosegirl

Selling our home.
« on: July 10, 2019, 11:32 »
As OH and I aren't in the best of health we want to sell our cottage in Thurnham as soon as possible and move to a bungalow we've seen that's nearer Lancaster. When the estate agent came out to take pics he didn't want to take any of our smallholding and fields at the back because he said they looked a bit untidy, er? That's how they get just like a small farm, so we took some pics then got him back to select the ones he wanted to use. Not only that but there was no mention in either the main or secondary info of us having over an acre of land as well as our large garden areas. All is sorted now but I wasn't very happy with the way they handled it and hope we haven't lost any potential buyers. Has anyone else had similar problems?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Kleftiwallah

Re: Selling our home.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 11:39 »
Good morning Goosegirl,   Wasn't there an article in "The Daily Mail" of a house for sale photo taken at such an angle to hide the industrial complex close by?

"There are other estate agents available"!

Cheers,  Tonh.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 12:07 »
Good morning to you Tonh. We'll give it a while then see if we get any interest. The thing is that you can see it on Rightmove but we've just found out that they describe either the home or the land and not both which we didn't know, but looking at it again this morning both on there and Zoopla they have put the details of the land on so so I'm a little confused about it all which is nothing new! Would it make any difference by changing estate agents as the cottage and lands are on both of these sites? I dunno but the description is as we want it so probably not.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 12:26 »
Very strange - it (almost) sounds as if they may be trying to sell it in two parts, the house and the land separately (perhaps for building on??? ) I'd want them to clarify exactly how they are marketing the property...

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 12:29 »
I have had my Mum's bungalow up for sale for one and a half years.   I think that most estate agents are pathetic.   They don't listen to what you say, there I always a good reason why some couple didn't like it, ie:  too big, too small, the shed looks old, and it goes on and on.   New agents I instructed last week, the manager came up, full of B/S.   How will the people in your office know all the info on this place, which is not printed ?   They will be advised on my regular Monday am meeting.    What a load of  rubbish.
The young lad from their office came yesterday, and was even knocking on the wrong door.  Oh, he said, I didn't know that, or that, or that.  Tried to ring the manager, but guess what, he's away on a training course !
Some viewers from other agents, have all liked it, but haven't sold their own.  I have had two time wasting buyers, 4 months one, and 3 months the other, who both fell through !
 To say I am frustrated would be a very large understatement.
  However, Gg,  your property is stunning and I am sure once the details are correct it will whistle away.  Good luck,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 13:19 »
Thanks MB. All the details have been corrected so we'll see what happens. It is a lovely cottage built around 1725 (and possibly re-built from an older one) but it needs a bit of refurbishment inside especially the tiny kitchen but there's nothing major that we know of. We had an open fire with a back boiler that heated the water and several radiators but it eventually developed a leak and when we disconnected the boiler we found it produced far more heat so we replaced it with a similar open fire without the boiler and it's great. Our other heating comes from underfloor heating in the bathroom plus two convector heaters and we're kept very cosy especially as the thick stone walls retain the heat very well. The roof, rendering, insulation, and the windows are up to date. The outbuildings are in good order, all the goose and hen pen needs is some new fencing and a new post or two which we already have, all the veg beds need new wooden edgings which we also have, so all it needs is a bit of TLC.

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 16:30 »
I think the rule is that 'they work for you', Goosey.

They can easily change the detail at a keystroke, andby now, they will have phoned their best bets, so wait and see what they come up with before going for the throat.

The market isn't fast, frankly, but that's a generality being chucked around.

Goosegirl

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 12:35 »
Good point Growster. We're going to wait until the end of August and if there's no interest or viewers then we'll go elsewhere. TBH, the cottage could easily be extended or even knocked down if needed. The land has so much potential either as just a smallholding, horses, or as a business venture for anyone wanting to use the land for campers etc. Fortunately the bungalow we want has been on the market for a year and a half and there's been no further interest as far as we know. I'm a great believer I fate so am taking it as it comes.

xx
Selling mum’s house

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post March 25, 2020, 18:34
by MrsPea
xx
selling houses (or not !)

5 Replies
Last post April 30, 2018, 20:15
by rowlandwells
xx
Selling houses and a change in the Law

17 Replies
Last post June 13, 2018, 19:55
by grinling
xx
Don't try this at home !

2 Replies
Last post April 10, 2019, 18:26
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 44 queries.