Chainsaw trousers

• 11 Replies

jezza

Chainsaw trousers
« on: January 11, 2021, 14:54 »
Hello I've been watching a Stihl video showing what happens to chainsaw when it touches a pair of trousers it's on the Stihl site or youtube if any ones interested ,I know that there's 1 or 2 on this site dont like me mentioning safety they should watch this video it might save their lives one day    jezza

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Chainsaw trousers
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 15:50 »
Worzel wares them... even for brush cutting.

rowlandwells

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 15:57 »
Chainsaw safety you cant be to careful using these sort of tools and one need to treat them with respect I've used chainsaws for many years when cutting hedges and trees so your quite rite Jezza in pointing out what can happen especially for those who are thinking of buying one because they cut limbs of trees very good and also  good at cutting limbs of people  :(

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 17:55 »
Worzel has done a woodlands first aid course.  He says most chainsaw injuries require an undertaker rather than a first aider  :ohmy:

Growing Weather

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 18:54 »
There are old chainsaw users and there are bold chainsaw users.............................but there are no old bold chainsaw users

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 22:00 »
When I did a horticultural course at the local Hortic college, I still remember the lecturer bringing in a pair of chainsaw trousers which had been worn at the time a chainsaw slipped.  They did their job by completely stopping the chainsaw blade from cutting through all the way, and saved the person from any injury.

It's at least 15 or 20 years since I did that course, but it's stuck in my mind since then.  A must-wear.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

GraciesGran

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 07:47 »
In a similar vein I remember the state of the motorbike leathers my friends husband wore when he got knocked of his bike.  A picture that stays with you for ever.

jezza

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2021, 15:02 »
Hello i have a card in my van on one side it says chainsaw trousers are cheaper than a day out with this company ,it's an undertakers card  i give it to folk using chainsaws with shorts and no gloves or helmets   i had a go at a guy at the weekend who had his 3 year old son stood on a stool holding the handles of the chainsaw whilst he was using it    jezza

rowlandwells

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2021, 15:29 »
and quite rite to Jezza if anyone has experienced kick back of a chain saw they would know how dangerous these things can be that's if there still around to tell the tale

i bought a little battery [stihl msa120c ] its marvellous bit of kit for cutting pallets or trimming up trees it light to handle and the battery last's around 50 minuets depending what your cutting you could say a kid could handle it   

but having said that its still a lethal bit of kit in the wrong hands i believe if your intending to buy a chain saw you should seek proper training before you use it and purchase the proper PPE

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2021, 16:49 »
Hello i have a card in my van on one side it says chainsaw trousers are cheaper than a day out with this company ,it's an undertakers card  i give it to folk using chainsaws with shorts and no gloves or helmets   i had a go at a guy at the weekend who had his 3 year old son stood on a stool holding the handles of the chainsaw whilst he was using it    jezza

That is astonishing, jezza.  One kickback and the child could lose his head.  :ohmy:

rowlandwells

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2021, 12:33 »
 you could possibly be rite Auntie should that child be even near that chain saw when its being used  >:(

RobynK.17

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2022, 17:23 »

That is astonishing, jezza.  One kickback and the child could lose his head.  :ohmy:

It is really important to be able to use it in a safe and protected way. Is there anyone who can safely use Stihl brands now?

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 51 queries.