Neighbour's cockerel

• 3 Replies

Smokeymoe

Neighbour's cockerel
« on: October 01, 2020, 23:07 »
Hi
newbie time!
Just joined to find out if I can advise/help our new neighbour re his cockerel(s) he has 2 at the moment. We moved in few months ago in to Clacton residential area and crowing is a real nuisance.  To cut a long story... they would be happy for me or anyone else  to "despatch" them as they also do not like the noise and aggressive behaviour (attacking the grandchildren in the garden!) etc, but neighbours hatch eggs (I have not yet discovered why, for hens?) and occasionally get some cockerels. What's the best way for us (and the cockerels) to be rid of them (the cockerels not the neighbours) when they occur, as they surely will. They used to go to local farmers market but covid has stopped that.
(Also joined coz next door is incubating duck eggs "as something to do". That may produce some interesting posts  if they bond with paranoid dog or tortoise, not to mention hysterically funny lady!)

snowdrops

Re: Neighbour's cockerel
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 08:10 »
I think the usual advice if your hatching eggs is to learn (by being shown or going on a course etc ) how to dispatch the males yourself. I’ve only got hens & I’m a wimp but there’s a chap on my allotment that does the deed for me if necessary .
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 12:40 »
This is a very old thread and some of the photos may not show now, but it still contains some useful information. Please note the warning on the first post.

https://www.chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=8581.0

grinling

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 20:05 »
Have you rung the local council as keeping hens may not be a problem (vermin check), having cockerels do. Ducks are not normally permitted as pets as they require more living requirements.

xx
Whingy neighbour.

Started by nerdle on Chicken Chat

16 Replies
Last post August 02, 2014, 13:10
by jay001
xx
Think i'm going to kill my neighbour-well not really.......

Started by wildwitchy on Chicken Chat

44 Replies
Last post March 27, 2011, 13:22
by wildwitchy
xx
Neighbour from hell

Started by Flump on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post April 08, 2017, 19:49
by Rhys
xx
Neighbour trimmed the hedge a bit too much

Started by grinling on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post July 18, 2016, 14:31
by sunshineband

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 37 queries.