blooming Poo!!--- should read blood in Poo!!!

• 3 Replies

Prod

blooming Poo!!--- should read blood in Poo!!!
« on: July 09, 2013, 08:54 »
No I am not complaining about poo.  I let my ducks & chucks out at 7 this morning then went down again at 8 to feed and water them all.  I found some poo, fortunately on a slate (I put slates and wood down so that when I turn it over there are worms and insects). There was a tiny bit of white poo (kind of the normal stuff) but then about a 4inch 'smear' of quite runny/watery blood and obviously fresh.  I picked all the adult ducks and the 8 ducklings separately and examined them  but could see no trace of anything.  I mentioned that my Silver Call duck has gone missing and his mate Esther has been calling almost constantly.  She was sat on 3 eggs but she abandoned them and had laid some outside the coop including a couple of soft shelled eggs.  I know it is difficult but does anyone have any suggestions.  In a different coop I also found my little Bantam Cuckoo Orpington, Chico, dead this morning too. I only got him last week.    I dot seem to e having a good time recently what with Billy's eye and the ducks going missing. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 15:54 by Prod »

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: blooming Poo!!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 09:05 »
Sorry to hear about Chico.   :(  I would be concerned that there was something wrong with him when you bought him as you have only had him for such a short time.  Just as well he was in a different coop and not mixing with your flock.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Prod

Re: blooming Poo!!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 13:04 »
Sorry to hear about Chico.   :(  I would be concerned that there was something wrong with him when you bought him as you have only had him for such a short time.  Just as well he was in a different coop and not mixing with your flock.

Well you might be right as I  bought him along with the Nankins from the same breeder who is very well regarded. However what I didn't realise was that when I opened the 'growers' shed this morning the nankin hen must have got out and into the duck pen as I found her in a corner of the pen and it is her that is bleeding!  I put the pair in a brooder box entirely separate from all my other hens, in my tool shed, in a cool corner and I have contacted the seller.   Not having a great time at the mo!!!!

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: blooming Poo!!--- should read blood in Poo!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 21:44 »
If you end up having to return your new poultry to the breeder I would recommend you have a breather before you add any more stock.   ;)

xx
another new problem please read on

Started by jackieand glenn on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post September 14, 2011, 17:08
by jackieand glenn
xx
Advice please....please read...

Started by alaj on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post August 11, 2011, 12:35
by ANHBUC
xx
Please read and be aware.

Started by Ruby Red on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post April 17, 2008, 15:40
by Zak the Rabbit
xx
PLEASE READ THIS, ADVICE NEEDED>

Started by NormandyMary on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post October 09, 2010, 18:22
by NormandyMary

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 34 queries.