Run roof

• 8 Replies

chelle

Run roof
« on: August 03, 2007, 12:36 »
Does anyone know the cheapest place to get pvc roofing, tried b&q they said stopped selling it, my run is 6x12

muntjac

Run roof
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 12:49 »
why pvc . use shutter ply and felt , jewsons have it any building supplies merchants ,.or try freeecycle  :wink:
still alive /............

David.

Re: Run roof
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 18:15 »
Quote from: "chelle"
Does anyone know the cheapest place to get pvc roofing, tried b&q they said stopped selling it, my run is 6x12

Wickes still sell clear corrugated pvc roofing (& I thought B&Q also) that I used on my covrered run, as well as Onduline reinforced bitumen sheeting for hen houses.

The type that appears to no longer be available is the clear flat polycarbonate sheet (the single skin, not twinwall or triplewall insulated sheets).

PJM

Re: Run roof
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 20:34 »
Quote from: "chelle"

Hi B&Q are still selling the corrugated plastic roofing sheets, as I have just purchased some to cover my run at £4.86 for a 6' x 2 1/2'' sheet, its not PVC, more like a polypropeleyne very easy to fix and cut.

chelle

Run roof
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 18:09 »
thanks for that, will try going into the store this time to see for myself, obviously the person on the phone couldnt be bothered to go and find out if they had it or not :x

David.

Run roof
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 21:50 »
My latest batch of hens went as if to go running for cover at the first sign of rainfall then discovered they were in a cushy billet under a waterproof roof.

Even for a small amount of hens, it's well worth the money to comply with 'keeping indoors' should the need apply, keeping the run dry, and yourself during association time.

Keep that plastic roof up high though, to prevent high summer temperatures in the run.

muntjac

Run roof
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 22:05 »
some confusioin here needs rectifying the rules about keeping birds indoors is not correct the birds can be outside but must not be able to have  contact with free flying birds , so the coop can be wired over the roof and still comply with regulations as imposed on me during the bernard manning fiasco

David.

Run roof
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 16:05 »
I went for something above the 'do minimum' specification as the guidance states "When using a netted structure special attention needs to be paid to
keeping wild birds from perching on the roof and defecating through it." and even if I'd done something about that it would have been a waste of time because above the roof is a tree in which wild birds sit (the run is in the only location I had available) and I didn't want their droppings going into the run, and as I have straw down in the run the waterproof roof keeps everything dry.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Run roof
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 19:50 »
And a dry run doesn't smell  :!:

xx
Run roof.

Started by Lardman on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post April 29, 2009, 22:35
by Sparkle
xx
do we need a roof?

Started by magicfairy on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 18, 2010, 10:17
by Sassy
xx
sleeping on the roof

Started by Stewart P on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post December 02, 2015, 08:33
by Sassy
xx
Coop Roof

Started by lamina on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post April 21, 2009, 11:34
by GrannieAnnie

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 38 queries.