Polish Chicken Owners ... have a question?

• 2 Replies

Jae Dawn

Polish Chicken Owners ... have a question?
« on: September 16, 2010, 09:58 »
    First off I am new to chickens and I got three wonderful Poland chicks in August.  Two of them I would say are about the same age one is a good 2-4 weeks younger.One (one of the older ones) ended up getting an ear infection a week after I got her but pulled through and is doing fantastic now. 

The last few days I have noticed the youngest one and the one that was sick kind of do a battle dance.  The jump in the air and bump chests sometimes heads but rarely peck each other.  And then they do the stare at you before you turn away kind of thing.  It suddenly occurs then just as suddenly stops and they act like nothing happened the other one just ignores most of the time.  Except I have notice that if it seems to get intense this neutral chicken steps betweent them and then it stops. 

I do have to say there are no feathers lost and definately no blood and don't really think that they even peck if they do don't think it is a hard peck.  Just curious as to what is going on is this the start of the pecking order???  If so why is one not joining in and just keeping to herself??  Sorry for another newbie question ... :blush:

bantam novice

Re: Polish Chicken Owners ... have a question?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 10:29 »
I'm new to chickens too but it sounds as if you may have two cockerels there and the neutral one is a hen ?
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

Jae Dawn

Re: Polish Chicken Owners ... have a question?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 11:42 »
  Well don't think so the vet said they were definately hens.  Guess time will tell on that one but they should be 13 weeks and 11 weeks old now if the breeder told me the correct info but my husband suspects they are more like 14 weeks and 10 weeks old.  The odd thing is it is the younger one and one of the older ones.    ???

xx
chicken owners in Bristol

Started by Shazzer on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post September 02, 2007, 13:31
by Shazzer
xx
Calling Chicken owners Lincoln way!

Started by GrannieAnnie on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post October 09, 2008, 17:15
by Stree
xx
New Chicken Owners - but not excluding oldies! lol

Started by Porffor on The Hen House

16 Replies
Last post May 30, 2008, 23:57
by kattcottrell
xx
Chicken poo question

Started by Soozie on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post April 28, 2011, 23:56
by Lindeggs

Page created in 0.302 seconds with 35 queries.