pellet change

• 3 Replies

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
pellet change
« on: November 09, 2010, 17:26 »
Went to the feed place yesterday to get my usual bag of smallholder layers pellets and they didnt have any in, the order didnt arrive, i was completey out so had to get something completey different for them, organic stuff,   i always make sure i get another bag in when ive still a good bit left in the food bin, but ive just been soooo busy lately i completely forgot,   So i had to get it, will this be ok for the girls, i know its not ideal.       nickyx
4 girlies,  Nessa, Pamela, Stacey and Tina

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: pellet change
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 17:32 »
You may find that they can be a bit picky but sadly they will just have to lump it and eat the new feed. Don't worry they won't starve. I have had to do the opposite before and go from organic to the small holder range when there was a problem with the delivery of my order and my greedy hens didn't even notice  :lol:
Staffies are softer than you think.

mrs.ploppy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 23:58 »
The balance of the ingredients in each should be about the same, its the quality of the ingredients and the name you are paying for.  If you compare the listings on the side of the bags.  They are listed in order of the most to the leaste ingredient including vits and minerals.  This is the same for all packaging of food either for human or animal consumption.  Hope this helps.  It should only matter if you are completely changing anythings diet and should mix a bit of old in with the new to get the gut flora balanced.  Rest asured you can sleep soundly.
mrs.ploppy

compostqueen

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 00:24 »
My girls had Farmgate last time and I noticed that they seemed to like it much more than anything else they've had, including expensive organic stuff  :D

xx
Pellet advice please

Started by dizzylizzie on The Hen House

34 Replies
Last post September 26, 2009, 21:15
by karlooben
question
mash or pellet?

Started by shez on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post October 23, 2009, 19:16
by alisonwo
xx
Pink Pellet type poo....

Started by louisep on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post August 14, 2011, 10:24
by bantam novice
xx
Layers pellet prices.

Started by Goldfinger on The Hen House

34 Replies
Last post November 20, 2010, 22:45
by Knight Family

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 36 queries.