Am I an ARTISAN???

• 13 Replies

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
Am I an ARTISAN???
« on: January 17, 2022, 02:26 »
My lettuce isn't old enough to harvest yet, so Mrs. Subversive bought a package with some of the small-headed red and green lettuces, 4 heads to a pack.  The lid was labeled "ARTISAN LETTUCE".  Wait a minute, these are the same as some of the lettuces I'm growing! Does this make me an ARTISAN?

Suddenly I feel all fancy-like ...
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

GraciesGran

Re: Am I an ARTISAN???
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 07:54 »
Yes!  We now have to avert our eyes in your presence and pay to talk to you.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 09:43 »
My lettuce isn't old enough to harvest yet, so Mrs. Subversive bought a package with some of the small-headed red and green lettuces, 4 heads to a pack.  The lid was labeled "ARTISAN LETTUCE".  Wait a minute, these are the same as some of the lettuces I'm growing! Does this make me an ARTISAN?

Well done for the job upgrade Sp  :D

I'm presuming the price went up to match the fancy label?
(Does the label mean that the grower gets more £/$? It usually, just means the store does  :(

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 10:04 »
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You'll be happy to hear that typing back & forth on the internet is still free!
 :D

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 10:17 »

Well done for the job upgrade Sp  :D

I'm presuming the price went up to match the fancy label?
(Does the label mean that the grower gets more £/$? It usually, just means the store does  :(

I suspect you're right about the price but I find that it is usually best to let Mrs. Subversive buy what she wants and look the other way.

The lettuce packaging certainly got an upgrade, from plastic produce bag to a container with printed labels.

Job upgrade or not, I'm getting the same pay scale as I was before, for growing my own lettuce.  :D.  I'm suffering for my artisanry, now it's your turn !!  :tongue2:

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 11:24 »
I suppose if the lettuce is picked by hand (a highly skilled craft of course ::)) it just about qualifies as an artisan product these days.  :unsure:  ;)

SP - if your lettuce is irrigated with water from a well I think you could actually claim to be an Artesian Artisan!  :lol:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 13:35 »
I suppose if the lettuce is picked by hand (a highly skilled craft of course ::)) it just about qualifies as an artisan product these days.  :unsure:  ;)

SP - if your lettuce is irrigated with water from a well I think you could actually claim to be an Artesian Artisan!  :lol:

Sadly, no, but the water is locally sourced  :tongue2: from the Oconee River, and crafted by the good people of the public works department.

Growster...

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2022, 13:57 »
The term 'Artisan' is a bit outmoded these days, but nevertheless, does mean someone who 'gets things done' as all us gardeners do!

Up until pretty recently, I thought the description 'yeoman' was about the same level, until a bit of family research by a dear cousin found that such a term was pretty good in a village hierarchy!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2022, 15:25 »
This thread has really made me laugh, but watch the price go up on the restaurant menu that quotes "Artisan Lettuce"   and enjoy  !!  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2022, 16:46 »
After giving it some thought, and looking at that face staring back at me from the mirror this morning, you may not __HAVE__ to avert your eyes, but it might be recommended.
Possibly a warning label or something.

jaydig

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2022, 17:57 »
Don't forget to mention on the "exquisitely packed produce" that it has been "gently rinsed in pure spring water and trimmed to perfection by hand".

jezza

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2022, 07:55 »
Hello I always thought when some one was called an Artisan it wad an insult,like being the lowest of the low,it seems not    jezza

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2022, 03:44 »
Hello I always thought when some one was called an Artisan it wad an insult,like being the lowest of the low,it seems not    jezza

I don't think I've ever heard the word  used as an insult, but your post got me thinking.  If you aren't really an artisan, but you lied to people and said you were, would that make you a CON ARTISAN??  ???  :unsure:

Growster...

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2022, 06:51 »
Ha ha ha!

And if you were known to like a drink or three, you could be called a 'p***artisan'!

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 51 queries.