Some sad news from GG .. BUT!

• 35 Replies

snowdrops

Re: Some sad news from GG .. BUT!
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2022, 14:36 »
Pleased you have received some help that is proving worthwhile. Re social care, I agree they probably are useless at these things but if they’re anything like our lot here, they have no staff as they’re all burnt out & have left which of course impacts on those that are left & their time constraints. I’m afraid they have to prioritise & if it’s a case of Mr G or a starving & beaten child they of course prioritise the child.
 I have friends who work within social care here as I once did. Of course the government brings in lists & lists of requirements week in week out, just as in education & the NHS, all of which I’ve worked in  :( :mad:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Goosegirl

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2022, 09:49 »
I used to be a head scientist in Pathology and know well how they increase the number of operations but still expect you to get the work done in the same time with the same number of staff.  :( >:( My OH was in hospital recently and he really felt for the nurses who were doing their absolute best to cope.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Goosegirl

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2022, 09:57 »
Another update from me and my OH. Yesterday we'd arranged for our two gardeners/ handymen to come round and assist me in clearing all the accumulated stuff (mostly OH's) from our dining room which we've never actually used as such so his bed could come down from his bedroom on Saturday so I could turn it into his bedroom. Yesterday morning he had to come down the stairs on his bum because he wasn't having the best of days and I could not believe how much they both got done as they cleared it out in what seemed like no time at all to the point where they were able to get the bed and his oak chest of drawers down as well, so last night he slept there without struggling up the stairs.  :) :) :) I cannot express my deep gratitude and heartfelt thanks to these two lovely people who have been amazing in the past with what they've done for us in the garden. They are now our extended family (so as to speak) and OH usually makes them lunch in the form of bacon, egg and sausage sandwiches plus several brews. Once he gave them some of his venison and black cherry sausage rolls which they've never forgotten. I'm not used to asking for help but it doesn't half take some of the weight off your shoulders.  :)

jaydig

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2022, 09:01 »
I'm so pleased that you're getting some of the help that you need GG.  It's also lovely that you appreciate the people that are helping and show your appreciation.  All too often workers that come to our homes are taken for granted.  We have always made sure that any workmen at our home are made welcome, given plenty of drinks (and access to the toilet), and food when necessary.  We once had a crew of half a dozen rendering the gable end of our house, purely because they had time between contracts so the whole team turned up. I asked what time they were stopping for their lunch so that I could have their drinks ready. They said they weren't stopping so I asked if anyone would be offended by sausage and bacon, they all said no, but looked puzzled, until at lunch time I took out a couple of trays loaded with sausage, bacon, eggs, sliced bread and sauces and told them to help themselves.  I'm sure that people are glad to come to help you because you treat them with respect, as they will you. 
It must be a relief for you to know that your hubby doesn't have to contend with the stairs any longer.

Goosegirl

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2022, 09:26 »
Jaydig. Thank you so much for that. We always do our best for anyone who comes here to do a job, no matter how small. Yesterday we had a cha who came to replace our old patio doors. Unfortunately, there was a bit of a disparity between what we specified and what arrived. The poor man was on the phone to the firm, plus my OH was also on the phone to the rep. Things are now sorted so he'll be coming back next week to rectify the doors. In the meantime, OH made him a bacon and egg butty and I did the brews.
Having said all that, and after what was a busy day for him, this morning my OH was struggling to even get out of his bed. Cue little GG there with his walking frame and we managed to get as far as the lounge door when his knees started to buckle. Picture me behind him with my arms around his tummy to stop him going down on the floor!  :nowink: We've got the lovely Liz from Age UK coming on Saturday, so we'll see where we both go from there. Mods, thank you for letting me post about our situation. It really helps me when I see so many supportive replies.  :) :) :)

snowdrops

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2022, 12:06 »
Have you a wheelchair that hubby can use on days like today GG? We very rarely have workmen as hubby was in the building trade & a chippy himself. He used to appreciate those that were appreciative of him when he did jobs in someone’s home, but he told stories of those that were so rude to him. You can guess the jobs that he did over & above for.
So good to hear you have a good team around you

xx
some very sad news

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post May 14, 2021, 07:52
by AndyRVTR
xx
How to see news one really wants...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

21 Replies
Last post December 03, 2018, 15:35
by jdwmk
xx
GB News...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post June 14, 2021, 08:48
by Growster...
xx
Sad News re Dabhand

Started by John on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post March 13, 2019, 20:32
by wapello

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 42 queries.