talking about potatoes

• 1 Replies

rowlandwells

talking about potatoes
« on: April 03, 2018, 16:28 »
potatoes yep there still in there chitting trays waiting for all that fine weather to appear so a couple of questions that I need your expert advise on

first Q. every variety of seed potato I bought are still looking good except one variety Winston I bought three varieties from this place ratty record and Winston that I'm intending to grow for the first time following good feedback from other gardeners

so they looked good when I bought the first lot then they started to go rotten started with a scab on the tuber that got worse eventually rotting the tuber so I took them back to the supplier who replaced them with fresh seed no problem you say but once again after a few days they to started to get a scab that sent those bad so after a kl of seed I've ended up with about half thrown what in your opinion is causing this as said all the other varieties are sound

Q.2 bell e de fonenay once again i've never grew this variety but im told its a good salad potato is it worth a try

Mr Dog

Re: talking about potatoes
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 16:40 »
I've grown BdeF in the past as a second early and really enjoyed them for taste but found them disappointing if left to grow on as a 'main'. The main downside I found was that the yield wasn't that great.

xx
talking seed potatoes

Started by rowlandwells on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post October 16, 2021, 11:30
by JacsH
xx
Talking Manure Here

Started by South Downs Wayer on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post January 20, 2009, 10:31
by johnnyboy
xx
talking about apples...

Started by Lynne on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post November 24, 2007, 20:53
by mkhenry
xx
Talking Tomato plants.

Started by DIGGER on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post April 28, 2009, 08:53
by DIGGER

Page created in 0.472 seconds with 35 queries.