landmaster rotorvator

• 3 Replies

s77teve

landmaster rotorvator
« on: February 15, 2016, 20:57 »
Hi my name is steve and am new to this site and have required a old landmaster 88 rotorvator made in 1958 i think? with a j.a.p two stroke engine on it, had to strip it down as was not working found out that the points where the problem, when it came to putting it back togather found out that there is no keyway  which means that the flywheel can fitted back on the crankshaft any way round so have set it up around 10o before t.d.c but its not running right. So dose any know how to set the ignition timing on this type of engine as only mark i can see is on the flywheel nothing on the crank case

jezza

Re: landmaster rotorvator
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 22:25 »
hi try a company called Meetens they can advise on settings or supply parts lists and diagrams   jezza

s77teve

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 20:54 »
Hi many thanks for that but don't need to go down that road as I have now figured out what was wrong and is now running as sweet as a nut. If any one ells out there has this machine with the J.A.P and need to take the flywheel of putting it back is easy just remember to make sure that the piston is at top dead centre and then using the mark on the flywheel set it so the mark lines up with the inlet port use the drive shaft to hold piston inplace when tightening the nut on the flywheel AS FOR SETTING UP THE POINTS set them so the lobe on the points just sit on the cam hope this is of help to anyone out there

s77teve

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 21:06 »
One other thing most parts for the carb can be found on amal site but before you go there with over flooding check the air hole in the top of the float chamber as this can be blocked which was also a problem I had now it wil fire up on first pull with a bit of choke

xx
rotorvator

Started by owein on Equipment Shed

13 Replies
Last post June 30, 2008, 21:09
by Gwiz
clip
Can anyone identify this rotorvator

Started by codereader on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post November 26, 2017, 10:38
by R Tallentire
xx
ALKO rotorvator

Started by MontyTom on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post July 26, 2007, 17:02
by MontyTom
clip
Rotorvator Identification

Started by Lee Mallett on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post October 12, 2021, 19:54
by jezza

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 38 queries.