Horrid People!!!

• 10 Replies

slowef

• http://journals.aol.co.uk/slowef/thehenhouse/
Horrid People!!!
« on: August 22, 2007, 09:29 »
I am now the owner of another 3 ducks 2 Saxony and another Aylesbury.  I took them on after the guy at market refused to let the buyer have them because he overheard a conversation and he was going to use them to train lurchers to kill???  I guess that means let the dogs rip them to pieces.  How can people be so cruel?

He apparently bought some rabbits for the same purpose.  I cannot understand this mentality.

muntjac

Horrid People!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 10:23 »
strange that one slowf .... my son got conned into buying 10 runt mongrel pol chucks ,the bloke said if he didnt sell em he was gonna neck em n bin em before he went home ....... they was £2 each .kie got em fer £10  :lol:
still alive /............

mercury

Horrid People!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 10:26 »
Pure ignorance slowef, you don't need live animals to learn them to kill, anyway, i'm glad you got them, lucky ducks :)  :)

slowef

Horrid People!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 10:40 »
No money changed hands, I was asked if I could home them by the market guy who knows me.  He would have taken them but had no carrier to take them on the bus!!! :?

muntjac

Horrid People!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 10:42 »
BLOOOMIN ECK can i go wif ya next time ,,,, you did a great one there .goods on ya for the adopting  :) now withthem you can breed a few for yourself next spring and if you want sell them for meat birds .£15 on the hoof here .

slowef

Horrid People!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 10:44 »
think prob not as they are drakes  :oops: but I think I am now known as a soft touch, just call me adopter :roll:

Behave with the eating you know I am a looking and egg only person tut tut

xx

lizatros

Horrid People!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 13:21 »
My local vet was taking 2 goat kids (billies) to melton market and stopped off at my local while I was there. Half an hour later I was the nervous owner of both. Husband was not impressed. We used to take them for a walk with our dogs :roll:
Those Halcyon Days of long ago in the England of Old

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Horrid People!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 20:07 »
Have you got some pictures of the duckies to show us yes slowef.  Are the setteling in OK  :lol:

slowef

Horrid People!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 20:46 »
They are still a bit nervous but I will get some soon, they go into hiding when I arrive but I hope to have them eating out of my hands soon like the others.  There is still a bit of argy bargy  but I am sure it will right itself in a week or so.  The Aylesbury is looking the worst, he needs a good swim to clean him up (I have got him a cheap poundland paddling pool just for him to use) but  he is eating ok.

purplebat

Horrid People!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 13:56 »
Quote from: "lizatros"
My local vet was taking 2 goat kids (billies) to melton market and stopped off at my local while I was there. Half an hour later I was the nervous owner of both. Husband was not impressed. We used to take them for a walk with our dogs :roll:

you sound just like me!!! be careful though I got a reputation for doing things like that and ended up with 70 rabbits, 2 chipmunks (which then had 4 babies) 3 ferrets, 10 guinea pigs, 2 dogs 6 cats, an avery full of birds, 3 mice (rescued from a lab), 5 rats,9 hamsters (started of as one "boy" who had 8 babies a week later), 3 gerbils, and 3 terrapins, needless to say, my ex was not impressed at all, although we both became experts at knocking up a cage or hutch in a very short space of time  :lol: nearly took a pot-bellied pig but decided I was already married to one!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
If Life gives you lemons, - Make Lemonade

WG.

Horrid People!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 14:04 »
Quote from: "purplebat"
 nearly took a pot-bellied pig but decided I was already married to one!  
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

clip
Horrid eye

Started by cammi on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 27, 2013, 13:25
by ANHBUC
xx
Sad People

Started by Bodger on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post October 15, 2007, 22:51
by muntjac
xx
Any people out there that can help me with this

Started by Roughlee Handled on The Hen House

49 Replies
Last post February 24, 2009, 09:05
by RGManby
xx
Why do people get ex-bats?

Started by woodburner on The Hen House

23 Replies
Last post June 30, 2008, 20:03
by lindamary

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 38 queries.