Bantam died ...

• 6 Replies

RosieMay

Bantam died ...
« on: September 08, 2010, 20:30 »
Feeling really upset tonight.  Yesterday one of our pol Pekins looked a bit sad - sitting about and hunched up -  but she rushed out the house for her breakfast this morning.  Anyway, came home from work this afternoon and thought she had gone.  Picked her up and she blinked so put her in a little box but 1/2 later she had gone.  Poor little thing.

carolbriar

Re: Bantam died ...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 20:36 »
Really sorry for your loss.  It is very hard when you lose one of the girls.   :(
2 Springer Spaniels, 1 Speckled Sussex,  1 Cuckoo Maran, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Welsummer, 2 Barnvelders and 2 silver Pencil Wyandotes.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 20:57 »
Oh dear RosieMay  :(  Trouble is they often don't show illness until it's really desperate and often look like they are rallying round, then suddenly go - never nice  :(  :(  :(

Kym503

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 22:01 »
So sorry to hear that.  My beautiful hen Geri died today.  She was my original and oldest hen who had survived 2 fox attacks in the years I have had her.  She'd been loosing weight lately and just showing signs of old age.  W had spent an hour on the lawn last night - she was pecking at grass and I was digging up worms for her.  This morning she ate some sweet corn (her favourite treat) out of my hand and then 4 hours later I found her dead.  I know she had a graet life but I'll really miss her.  RIP Geri xxx

RosieMay

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 17:25 »
Oh Kym that is so sad but at least it sounds as if her last day was a happy one.  Amazing she had survived 2 fox attacks.  Our neighbours have lost quite a few hens to the fox but although I have seen him in the garden we have, touch wood, been very fortunate. 

Kathie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 17:29 »
RosieMay and Kym my thoughts are with you at this sad time.  It's a feeling I know too well :(
3 dogs now, 2 passed RIP Poppy and Paige, one wonderful husband and a new adventure on this wonderful island

Pep

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 19:46 »
Oh RosieMay and Kym, I really feel for you.  I've a chicken getting over a marten attack at the moment and know how gutted I'd feel if I was to lose her.

It goes without saying that you did all you could. 

Pauline x

xx
Why has my hen died?

Started by tomgood99 on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post April 19, 2010, 17:19
by tomgood99
xx
She died........

Started by Happy-Hound on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post September 13, 2010, 11:31
by azubah
xx
Another hen has died

Started by Oliveview on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post October 18, 2008, 08:36
by poultrygeist
xx
Hen died - cause?

Started by Helenaj on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 11, 2011, 12:09
by LittleRedHen

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 40 queries.