Spotlights

• 6 Replies

Spana

Spotlights
« on: January 25, 2010, 14:37 »
I need help with this as I've never used them before :unsure:.

I have to buy 5 spotlights.  Some have the little bulbs exposed others have them inside a case, is there any difference .  Also do you get the same light from 2 spotlights with 50w bulbs that you would from an old type 100w.

Fisherman

Re: Spotlights
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 16:22 »
Are the spotlights for use inside or outside and where do you intend to use them.
Can you describe the type of fitting / bulb.

If you are using the same type of bulb a 100W bulb will give twice the light of a 50W bulb. However some of the low energy bulbs available now can provide the equivalent of higher wattage standard bulbs. For example a 15W low energy bulb is equivalent to a 75W standard bulb.

hamstergbert

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 16:33 »
{snip}...... For example a 15W low energy bulb is equivalent to a 75W standard bulb.
...or at least equivalent to a 75W standard bulb that has eaten a dodgy  prawn sandwich, is wrapped in a damp brown paper bag and is viewed through a bucketful of Brown Windsor soup.  Well, it is five minutes later when it has struggled excruciatingly slowly to what is laughingly called "full brilliance".  Until then it is even dimmer - simply as dim as a turkey twizzlers eater!

Perhaps I am the only 'low energy bulb' heretic.   Or to slip into a different metaphor, "...Hey, look!  The King has no proper lightbulbs on!"
The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

Fisherman

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 16:49 »
Good description Hamstergbert.

The new LED low energy lamps are much better. More and more are now coming on the market.

Yabba

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 17:59 »
"...Hey, look!  The King has no proper lightbulbs on!"

In fairness though it's really hard to tell in this light :roll:

¥

Rangerkris

• My pic's
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 07:13 »
My eyes adjust quite quick to low energy light prehaps its where im not old like you lot hahahahah you sure you eyes arnt worn out.   
Thanks
Kris

hamstergbert

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 13:39 »
How many mothers does it take to change a lightbulb?
Oh, don't you worry about me.  You go off with your fancy friends.  I'll be alright here.  Alone. In the dark....

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 34 queries.