green manure

• 6 Replies

muddifoot

• Experienced Member
green manure
« on: July 21, 2008, 07:20 »
I know this will sound very stupid but being a first time gardener this year there are still a million things I would like to learn- and reading some articles on covering the the ground with green manure still baffles me-  so will someone please explain exactly how we get or make GREEN MANURE. :?  :?

gobs

green manure
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 11:13 »
You grow them. See here, and also on the home page.

LINK
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

muddifoot

• Experienced Member
green manure
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 11:24 »
I  still don't understand - I looked at the link - everyone says it's godd etc. but none explaines what exactly it is. :?

muddifoot

• Experienced Member
green manure
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 11:30 »
sorry that was a mess -the phone was ringing and someone was at the door. can we please start again.  "you grow them"--I'm feeling awfully thick here-  But what do you grow? harvest? I'm just not getting it.  HELP :?:  :?:  :roll:

daz

• Experienced Member
green manure
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 11:43 »
green manure is just one of many plants or a mixture of plants that you grow in an unused part of your garden so that weeds do not cover it instead and bare soil can have all its nutrients washed away by rain so you grow the stuff so if forms like a thick carpet of vegetatiuon which you then dig in to the soil a couple of months before you intend to use that perticular bed and all the nutrients in the plants feed the soild
or atleast thats my understanding of it anyway

also dunno if this is cheap or not but i bought a 150gram bag of it from wyevale for 1.99 as its half price so if its cheap get yourselves there people and if its not please tell me where is

muddifoot

• Experienced Member
green manure
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 12:03 »
-oh!  it's finally clicked-  thank you daz,  I thought -no don't laugh- that it was some kind of animal manure that you added something to and then spread it around- I started this gardening game to late in life, I'll be about 90 before I know half as much as everyone else on this site-thanks again.    
ok, you can laugh now :D  :D

daz

• Experienced Member
green manure
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 12:15 »
Quote from: "muddifoot"
-oh!  it's finally clicked-  thank you daz,  I thought -no don't laugh- that it was some kind of animal manure that you added something to and then spread it around- I started this gardening game to late in life, I'll be about 90 before I know half as much as everyone else on this site-thanks again.    
ok, you can laugh now :D  :D

na its just called green manure as it can be used in place of horse manure

this is my first year in the garden also and i admit its not gone great but i have learnt loads for next year

xx
Green Manure

Started by seadart on General Gardening

13 Replies
Last post November 28, 2007, 16:51
by brucesgirl
xx
cheap green manure

Started by kennykoala on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post August 06, 2008, 00:31
by agapanthus
xx
Green manure self seeding..

Started by Rhys on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post July 16, 2017, 13:00
by Rhys
xx
Green Manure Question

Started by Apostrophes on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post November 05, 2009, 08:45
by Apostrophes

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 35 queries.