crittall greenhouse

• 24 Replies

Bobby T

crittall greenhouse
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 21:37 »
I use a handful of wire wool soaked in fairy liquid then rinse with hosepipe. Brillos will do but are a bit small.   Bob

jack russell

crittall greenhouse
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 21:30 »
Quote from: "Aunt Sally"
Have you got a pressure washer Jack  :?:   Maybe not full pressure though :wink:

hi there i have but no electric on the lotty though (not that posh) i have a genny but its only a 750 so think two small to run the pressure washer (correct me if i am wrong).

here is a pic of the dirty green house with all the glass i got with it i am in the process of scrounging some more from others on the site and freecycle :wink:

cheers

jr
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/CIMG1386.jpg[/img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/roostertop-1.jpg[/img]

not organic    but still a nice bloke

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
crittall greenhouse
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 22:03 »
Looking good Jack  :D

If you have to buy new glass, then B&Q sell it in packs to fit an entire greenhouse for around £90.  It's pricey, but useful to have around after you've been visited by some of the local bast...  ahem,  darlings  :twisted:

I opted for perspex to replace a couple of panes that broke one night - lasts much longer but isn't as heavy as glass so won't weigh the g/h down in a high wind!  :?  :roll:

jack russell

crittall greenhouse
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 22:14 »
Hi su

i have put perspex off cuts (not the right size) on top of the glass at the back of the G H beside the hedge that is where the missiles would come from  :roll:

£90  :shock:  nah i will just keep on begging and hopefully get there soon :D

i have spent enough on clips and bolts etc...

cheers

jr

muntjac

crittall greenhouse
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 23:28 »
go to a glass firm and ask for recycled glass .£2.50 a pane .i never buy proper " " horticultural glass """" why bother u only need the light to come thru .and i always white mine out anyways  :wink:
still alive /............

leepgti

crittall greenhouse
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 20:16 »
Quote from: "jack russell"
hi all

got it up today :oops:    greenhouse that is  :wink:

i thought I'd have got to give this some serious attention and started pottering on with it and before i new it i had worked out where bits were to go and it started to take shape 5 hours later its up.  well the frame anyhow.  i did have to buy new g h nuts and bolts and got some from the local DIY shop at £2.40 for 10  :shock:  :evil:  robbin B's,    i ran out of them and the shop was shut when i went back so went to Maxwells DIY and got a different type similar price but these ones actually work better and fit into the slides :D  (now i realise infowarrior :wink: )

so thanks for the offer of help :D  :D  but i managed  :D

cheers

hi just wondering if you could send me a few pics i am in coventry and having a few problems getting mine up :oops: the greenhouse i would be greatfull and any tips would also be great cheers. :D

Bigbadfrankie

crittall greenhouse
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2008, 21:18 »
Snooze I am only a few miles away and well i could do with a glazier :lol:  :lol:
always have a target
and an objective.

jack russell

crittall greenhouse
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 17:04 »
hi leepgti

I only have pics of the final errection and not the stages before or during.  what problems are you having getting it up i may be able to offer advice  :wink:

bertie78

GREEN HOUSE BASE
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 20:40 »
Hi,

I have just got a crittall 6ft by 4 ft greenhouse and I am having trouble with the base?  anyone got any tips of building one?

thanks
paul devine

jack russell

crittall greenhouse
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 21:14 »
hi bertie what problems are you having you aren't to far from me i could help if required :wink:

xx
My Crittall greenhouse

Started by IanYORK on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post June 23, 2010, 19:50
by IanYORK
xx
building instructions for 8x6 crittall greenhouse

Started by petergc on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post October 06, 2016, 18:23
by Gaz77
xx
greenhouse

Started by bigandy on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post September 02, 2011, 09:10
by Plot 6B
xx
which greenhouse?

Started by strangerachael on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post March 24, 2010, 20:01
by Ice

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 39 queries.