slugs

• 17 Replies

bigben

Re: slugs
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 14:45 »
Me to Harry - this is the start of my second year on an allotment, but I have been looseing crops to slugs at home for years and like you will try anything if it works.

madcat

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 19:10 »
Iam a newcomer to allotments so i don't know which is best method, but i'm open to any suggestion. I thought if i sprayed the plot it would be one thing less to worry about :nowink: :closedeyes:

:lol: :lol:

Slugs are to sent to stop us getting smug.  They don't go ... they mutate and change ... they travel and lurk ...  just to annoy and frustrate and destroy and ...  >:( >:(    :mad: :mad:

Okay, I hate the darn (not the original word but scared of Auntie!)  things and have some of my father's phobia, but you are never rid of them.  It is just a guerrilla war of attrition.  Careful you don't risk the small birds in setting back these beasts from the dark side.
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

DavidT

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 19:49 »
Slugit is the best option, it is longer lasting than pellets, invisible and easy to treat the entire plot. Nematodes are ok, BUT, they are living organisms, and as such, will not wipe out their food supply, ie, slugs. :D

xx
NO SLUGS?

Started by Scribbler on Grow Your Own

21 Replies
Last post June 26, 2009, 01:18
by Knoblauch
xx
slugs

Started by BobandJack on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post April 07, 2009, 21:45
by richyrich7
xx
Slugs

Started by Dantheman on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post March 04, 2012, 15:25
by rowlandwells
xx
Slugs

Started by rictic on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post July 29, 2009, 22:03
by AlotArds

Page created in 0.338 seconds with 38 queries.