Repeat prescriptions - PAH!

• 7 Replies

Goosegirl

Repeat prescriptions - PAH!
« on: February 28, 2024, 09:30 »
Never used to have this problem but, when renewing repeat prescriptions via putting them into the local surgery, if I put them in too early they get discarded. If I wait until I'm almost out, I get told off for leaving it too late. The fact was that it took eight days for them to process. Anyone had this problem? Am now thinking of ordering them on-line and to be delivered as I have to get a taxi to put them in or go to Boots to get them. Any recommendations for a genuine website? Lloyd's pharmacy or anything would be better than this load of crisps.  :wacko: 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Repeat prescriptions - PAH!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 09:44 »
I used the LLoyds on-line pharmacy service for years, on-time and delivered to your door. Perfect!
However, your Dr's practice have to agree to use the LLoy'd on-line system, and some don't - as I found when I moved  :(
Good luck!

https://www.lloydsdirect.co.uk/?utm_source=LP&utm_medium=prescriptionblog&utm_campaign=LP
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 22:59 by mumofstig »

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 19:37 »
In the past few years I've gone from using a small local pharmacy chain who used to 'entertain' me with the number of new ways they came up with of messing up my pretty simple prescription, to what was a Lloyds pharmacy adjacent to my new GP surgery.
Never quite understood the clunky process of getting repeat prescriptions available on the day I wanted to collect them - Lloyds have dumped them (now independent) and they've clearly now gone auto-digital (I've just had another text to advise my next monthly prescription is ready to collect - 4th in 2 months!)   :unsure: :lol:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 19:44 »
Apart from my annual review appointment, I just use the NHS App to order repeat prescriptions. It goes to my local pharmacy (nominated by me) and is usually ready a few days later. Guess I'm lucky that it seems to work
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 22:58 »
Apart from my annual review appointment, I just use the NHS App to order repeat prescriptions. It goes to my local pharmacy (nominated by me) and is usually ready a few days later. Guess I'm lucky that it seems to work
Does the NHS App arrange for delivery to your home? That's the service Lloyd's online provides....

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2024, 17:58 »
Ah no, had missed that aspect. It just sends the prescription to your nominated pharmacy to be made up. Unless the pharmacy then has a delivery service to home, it wouldn't match what you'd described before.

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2024, 08:54 »
My health care centre is next door to Boots chemist so I don't have to trot that far to either put a prescription in or collect it. I'll investigate this because, if you've put a repeat in they should tell you it's too early (it wasn't) and not just bin it without you knowing until you ring up to see where the heck it is.

jezza

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2024, 15:54 »
I've been 3 running  days to a chemist to pick up 3 items one each day instead of them waiting to make the prescription up,one item wasnt even on the script, it use to be on ,pharmacist blamed computer error,I did suggest that maybe the pharmasist had been sniffing surgical spirit ,apparently some one had dropped a bottle an hour before I went in    jezza

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 48 queries.