The big fight live

• 3 Replies

Cluckyclaire

The big fight live
« on: May 13, 2012, 07:27 »
Good morning all, after 3 blissful months with my 3 orpingtons the fighting started yesterday, they are all now laying and the two inseparable sisters (Frances and Ella) had a big dust up in the garden yesterday, Martha whom I believe is top girl is taking no notice but Frances (no.2 I would say) is guarding the food now and anytime Ella tries to eat she goes for her, I now know how upsetting this is but natural with pecking order, will keep an eye and give another feed station and separate if I have to, this has only started yesterday but I am now a bit worried  :unsure:

I have anti pecking spray and purple if required, I understand having read so much in here that this is normal behaviour but it's still upsetting  :(

Hope you are all well

Claire  :)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: The big fight live
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 07:40 »
Get a separate feeding and watering station so Ella gets to eat and drink when she wants, but leave them to it if you can.  

My big gang of bantams regularly fight but their bantam cockerel won't stand for much nonsense before he wades it.  It always sounds worse than it is, but keep an eye out for injuries  :)  Purple spray is good stuff.  They are really vile to each other at times  ::)

Prod

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 09:16 »
My 4 girls gang up on Bernard, a buff sussex, even though she is the biggest.  No matter where I put the food they push/peck her away.  However I recently purchased a Granpas Feeder because the wild birds were eating so much food.  At the moment Bernard is the only one who has worked out how it opens so she gets the food, if the others come near she runs off as normal and the lid comes down making them flighty.. Its quite funny to watch.

grinling

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 21:26 »
Mine don't argue, because they mistake me for a cockerel :wacko: I pick them up to show who's boss, though Pecky is a bit heavy, Speckles would prefer not to and Poppy runs away.

question
How long do they live for ?

Started by HENrietta on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post February 21, 2009, 09:49
by cathangirl
xx
Live Eggs

Started by Poolfield2 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post May 11, 2008, 21:55
by Poolfield2
xx
where should my cock live?

Started by darcyhen on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post September 16, 2009, 08:26
by kitkat
xx
You know you live in the country when......

Started by treacleminer on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 05, 2008, 14:17
by Porffor

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 38 queries.