Meal out Value for Money

• 5 Replies

allotmentnut

• Experienced Member
Meal out Value for Money
« on: September 29, 2008, 08:31 »
We often go to a local pub for a carvery.  The food is good and only £3.50 per person. (Monday to Saturday.  It is £6.50 on a Sunday)  Choice of 3 joints (or have some of each), 4 different veg and roast and new spuds.  

Have never been to a place which offers such value.  I hope I have managed to put the correct web site for you to locate one close to you.

www.mbplc.com/index.asp?pageid=479
ALLOTMENTNUT. GROWING EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING.  JUST GIVE IT ALL A TRY!!!!

allotmentnut

• Experienced Member
Meal out Value for Money
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 08:38 »
Sorry  :oops: Don't understand most of these computer things.  The location of the pubs which do the carvery at that price have the red logo with Pub & Carvery on.  Hope that helps.

compostqueen

Meal out Value for Money
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 08:45 »
Eating out is not something I do - well hardly ever - as I grow my own so it makes sense to cook and eat it.  I always have something on hand which will form the basis of a meal.  We had roast veggies the other night with grilled chicken. My husband, an avowed carnivore, announced that the veg was so good, the meat was superfluous  :D

Growing and cooking your own - now that's frugal living but that tray of roast veggies was a gourmet dinner all right  :D

Elcie

Meal out Value for Money
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 18:48 »
We have one of these near us allotmentnut (in Milton Keynes) and I have enjoyed it on more than one occassion.  Basically a carvery but for £3.50.

FCG

Meal out Value for Money
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 19:56 »
Two near us, one in mickle trafford and the other at parkgate. Parkgate is brilliant, you get to watch the sun go down and go for some fab ice creams.

home made pie

• Experienced Member
Meal out Value for Money
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 09:41 »
we have one just up the road in Charnock Richard, went twice last week  :oops:  we are the nosey pair sitting near the exit staring at the amount of food people pile on their plates (sad I know but it amuses us) joking aside it is very good value and so handy when your tired and hungry after work, we do eat home grown meals most of the time though, my OH made a lovely veg shishlik the other day, the only thing we bought was the rice...best meal I've eaten in ages

xx
I'm now saving money

Started by SkipRat on Frugal Living

15 Replies
Last post July 22, 2007, 19:21
by brucesgirl
xx
making money from moss??

Started by rozalia on Frugal Living

3 Replies
Last post March 17, 2011, 12:43
by spottymint
xx
Money Saving Expert

Started by mikem on Frugal Living

3 Replies
Last post March 28, 2015, 10:00
by mumofstig
xx
Supermarket money off vouchers

Started by Tenhens on Frugal Living

5 Replies
Last post June 22, 2015, 22:37
by Tenhens

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 35 queries.