Pre Holiday Tips

• 19 Replies

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
Re: Pre Holiday Tips
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 20:48 »
Thanks for that one superpete, duly noted.

Another one is to save up the little containers that pop together.  Some come with gloves for hairdying, some in Kinder eggs etc.  These are ideal for taking your medication in rather than a large bottle of tablets.   ;) 

Ah careful with that one - you may get asked to prove what they are and unlabelled pills, even if you take your repeat prescription list may look dodgy.
There is the occasional medication we take here that is banned in some countries - Codeine for instance, is illegal in Greece and they can prosecute you for having it.

Good principle though.

Madame Cholet

• Location: Thrapston=Home & garden Lotty=Ringstead East Northants
  • remember you're a womble
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 21:01 »
yha is my budget, train to peak districk £45.00 return pre-book off peak. 9 days accomodation £140.00 self catering. very claen warm and comfortable and lots of interesting company if you are on your own.
Diary at- http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=85680.75

Comments at- http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=85681.15

To good friends, good food and dirty hands

Underground overground wombling free

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 14:18 »

Another one is to save up the little containers that pop together.  Some come with gloves for hairdying, some in Kinder eggs etc.  These are ideal for taking your medication in rather than a large bottle of tablets.   ;) 

Ah careful with that one - you may get asked to prove what they are and unlabelled pills, even if you take your repeat prescription list may look dodgy.
There is the occasional medication we take here that is banned in some countries - Codeine for instance, is illegal in Greece and they can prosecute you for having it.

Good principle though.

I always take the leaflet part.  I didn't know that about codeine though, I would be in trouble as they are part of my medication.   :ohmy:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 18:10 »

Good principle though.

I always take the leaflet part.  I didn't know that about codeine though, I would be in trouble as they are part of my medication.   :ohmy:

I'm not sure how you get round that. It's only Greece as far as I know. The Lonely Planet guides tend to have this sort of information in the back of their books. :)

RichardA

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 23:45 »
get the guides such as lonely planet from library rather than buying them but you may need to put a request in early.
Watch for tax deals for tourists like getting VAT back etc.

xx
Bank Holiday Discounts

Started by Mr Dog on Frugal Living

2 Replies
Last post May 05, 2018, 17:08
by Mr Dog
xx
Bank Holiday Offers

1 Replies
Last post August 25, 2018, 10:01
by New shoot
xx
Bank Holiday Weekend Offers

2 Replies
Last post May 29, 2021, 11:09
by Yorkie
xx
Mr Fothergill's discount and free P&P over Bank Holiday weekend

Started by Yorkie on Frugal Living

0 Replies
Last post August 25, 2023, 22:48
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 36 queries.