Worming

• 1 Replies

Janschooks

Worming
« on: July 01, 2009, 08:31 »
Hi All,
I did have a poo question but after seeing Aunt Sally's poop pics the girls are normal  :D
So down to 2 questions.
The girls have been eating well for the first week, I'd have to refill the layers pellets and water in the afternoon But this week, I haven't had to refill the layers and I bought a bigger water container so plenty of fresh water daily for them. They have been covering the layers with the hemcore during their vigorous scratching which is still happening but they're not eating as many pellets? Could this be the hot weather we're having this week, they also found the ants nest and have been making short work of it, their run looks like they've been trying to dig their way out.
Second question, I read somewhere that you start worming at 6 months old?

Getting 2 eggs almost everyday now, the ex bat has started laying.

One more question, the young warren has been laying for just over a week now, yesterday's egg was a bit elongated and looked like a 'join' in the middle, it was twice the size of her first little eggs, is the the start of her now laying the bigger 'adult' size eggs? it's the same size as the ex bat's.

Thanks
Jan

Hensington

• Experienced Member
    • Blue laced
Re: Worming
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 19:46 »
Mine tend to eat less when it's warm, the abnormal egg is normal for a hen in it's first week of lay.
I use flubenvet for worming.

xx
Worming

Started by Bantymad on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post August 31, 2010, 06:40
by Bantymad
xx
worming

Started by chicklady on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 15, 2011, 18:12
by chicklady
xx
Worming

Started by grenhouse on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 02, 2011, 09:05
by grenhouse
xx
How old before worming.

Started by Belinda on The Hen House

18 Replies
Last post August 01, 2008, 20:14
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.272 seconds with 38 queries.