I simply just do not understand why?

• 8 Replies

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
I simply just do not understand why?
« on: October 27, 2017, 21:04 »
Had to take a trip over the tops to the darkside today, set off early knowing full well that I would hit Manchester around 9 ish so traffic would be building on the M62 and to be honest Leeds was worse  >:(

So doing a round trip of around 200 miles (of which a lot of the time was at 20 ish MPH) it gave me time to ponder (Goosey  :tongue2:) I simply don't understand why people spend massive amounts of money 30,40,50+ thousand pounds on their German cars that don't have any indicators? Honestly it seemed the bigger the car the less indicators they have  ???
There was a constant buzz or was it horns in the air?
Its been awhile since I have done that journey over t' tops, but it seems every time I do the motorways are just getting worse with these idiots and dont get me started on the lane hogging they do as well  :mad: :mad:

Rant over
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

snowdrops

Re: I simply just do not understand why?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 21:32 »
My German car has indicators that I use appropriately but I know what you mean, but why is it tha5 cars with @wat brackets on the back seem to only spend 5 seconds in any lane before changing to the 1 they’ve just changed from?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 23:00 »
I used to commute 70 miles a day up n down the M6, it was no where as bad as it is today, I don't spend that much time on the motorways anymore, I am glad of that for sure.
I know where Jeremy Clarkson was now coming from, clearly taken a while for it to come north  :D the worse by far were BMW 4 wheelers, nearly everyone had an idiot attempting to drive them.
HGV's were getting pretty mad at one point at one driver, in que going 15mph ish and he cuts two up, bonkers.

Its a mad world

On the plot tomorrow so no stress at all

grinling

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 09:57 »
we have a roundabout 2 lanes on for 4 exits, pretty obvious what lane for what exit. Problem is 2 lanes on A17 results in 1 lane for A17...all the idiots try to cut in (cars,caravans and HGV), we get the odd accident

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 14:01 »
I never knew German cars had no indicators - I'd have thought that was illegal. When I was a child my granddad's car had those amber-coloured indicators that stuck out like aeroplane wings (the car also had little curtains at the windows which were held back by little cords with plastic rings on, but I digress). I could understand it if they were Italian cars as everyone inside would just stick their arms out of the windows and wave them about. When we have to go on the motorways, there's always some plank going at 40 MPH holding everybody else up as do the lane-hoggers and those lorries that take up two lanes because they're driving at the same speed and one doesn't want to give way to the other (grrrr), but what I really hate is being held-up in traffic for no obvious reason or drivers who keep cutting in front of cars as if T. Rex was coming up behind them only to achieve being a few yards ahead of everyone else.  :blush:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

al78

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 16:14 »
I don't understand why people trundle in the middle lane of the motorway at 55 mph when the inside lane is clear. Perhaps they are so bad at steering they need as big a margin of error as possible.

I also don't understand why some people join a motorway at 40 mph when there are HGV's barreling up the inside lane at 55 mph. What do you think the slip road is for?  ::) Total prats.  :mad:

Mr Dog

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 16:04 »
Aside from the almost total lack of the use of indicators some of the rules of the road appear to have changed round here: those on a main road are now expected to give way to traffic joining from a side road, those overtaking parked cars have right of way against the oncoming traffic........ and as for how roundabouts work!

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 16:31 »
-As a 75 year-old driver, my lane discipline is impeccable, as is my use of mirror and indicators. I drive at  the speed limit wherever possible, whether that be on a normal single carriageway, dual or motorway. I totally ignore other drivers' bad habits, if they have a problem, why should I share it with them is my attitude. However, I do doubt the sanity of drivers, usually white van man and drivers of large SUVs who feel so attracted to my rear-end that they are frightened of getting more than ten feet away. The poor souls must arrive at their destination as nervous wrecks

azubah

• www.Godsaves.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 16:49 »
They like inhaling the fumes from your exhaust.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 38 queries.