We’re all doomed!

• 5 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
We’re all doomed!
« on: March 13, 2020, 12:21 »
The coronavirus is playing heavily on my mind. It's a bit difficult to know what to say about it. I don't want to spread despair and panic but neither should we be complacent.

We’re all doomed!
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Growster...

Re: We’re all doomed!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 15:13 »
I can understand the science behind the delay tactics, it seems a much better option than banning everything, but I wish the broadcasters would stop trying to debate the issues rather than support what the government is trying to achieve.

The last thing we need is some people just getting fed up with the hyperbole, and carrying on as before, it's not the best way!

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 16:12 »
I very much agree Growster. I'm actually suprised and pleased that our government is taking a moderate approach and following professional guidance, rather than blustering in with school closures and other panic measures.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 16:45 »
I do try to avoid politics on the public forum but possibly having a large majority means the government can do what's right - as the advisers recommend - rather than pandering and virtue signalling to keep the mob happy.
A lot of this is based on statistical data and extrapolating from the Chinese experience.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 17:06 »
Precisely John, I'm no fan of public politics either, but I think it's safe to say that the right things is being done in this case.

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 17:51 »
As a crossword nut, it's interesting that 'pandemic' becomes 'panic' when 'democracy' is left out...

I just thought you'd like to know that..;0)

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 43 queries.