Pink feather duster

• 2 Replies

thestens

• Experienced Member
Pink feather duster
« on: May 04, 2012, 15:12 »
Just found in the back of a cupboard a pink feather duster. It is almost completely bald. We used to use it to deter the free range chickens we had from coming in the house when the french doors were open. Not waving it or swishing them with it,  they would not come near an open door if it was propped in the doorway. We never understood why.
On the way to strip the feathers off so the cane could be put with other canes ready for use in the garden I thought I would see the reaction of the new chooks ( these dont freerange it caused too much damage in the garden). I just laid it on top of the pen and they ran around  a clucked in a distressed way. So I removed it.

Apart from its bright colour and feather construction can anyone explain why the chooks are scared of the duster?
Taken over neglected veg garden at new home. Enemy number 1 Ground Elder. Then there is the furry terror - bunnies - to contend with!
Made a start have beds established but moved in too late for serious planting. We shall see what 2015 brings.

themagicaltoad1

Re: Pink feather duster
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 21:55 »
They're probably worried you're going to make them do some house work :tongue2: well I would be if my wife suddenly shoved a feather duster in my direction, I think I'd panic and be all distressed as well. :lol:

Mrs.Apron

• Wearing my apron with pride! :)
Re: Pink feather duster
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 12:36 »
Interesting one.  I presume it just looks like an aggressive intruder, all puffed up ready for a fight!
No sense in being pessimistic It wouldn’t work anyway.

xx
pink in eggs :/ please help

Started by chickadizzle on Chicken Chat

0 Replies
Last post May 13, 2011, 20:57
by chickadizzle
xx
how to promote feather growth

Started by animal mad on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post June 11, 2010, 21:56
by animal mad
sad
lost our little Feather today

Started by barley on Chicken Chat

9 Replies
Last post August 09, 2014, 15:36
by barley
xx
Melton Mowbray fur & feather auction?

Started by grinling on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post August 30, 2011, 21:07
by grinling

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 32 queries.