What's for tea 2019?

• 745 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: What's for tea 2019?
« Reply #435 on: September 14, 2019, 10:51 »
Busy, busy, busy like everyone I expect.  Harvesting and stashing crops has meant some rushed evening meals, even when I haven't been working.

Anyway, night off, home alone ... woohoo license to go mad  :D  I actually have another busy planned gardening, but I am prepared.  Crispy duck and pancakes ready meal on standby with plot cuke and thin sliced onion to go with.  I may even go totally off piste and add some hm chutney. 

The green tomato one I made last year would be perfect.  It is an unusual recipe where you strain the tomato chunks out of the liquid, reduce that to setting point, then add the tomato back in.  It ends up bright green, full of texture and yummy  :D 

snowdrops

« Reply #436 on: September 14, 2019, 11:01 »
It’s all been very quiet on here hasn’t it? Where’s Lardman? Has there been a shortage on nuked potatoes & cheese? :lol:.
Hm burgers for us ftf, courgettes in mine, chips for him, salad for me plus a corn on the cob methinks, might even push the boat out & make a bean salad
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #437 on: September 18, 2019, 11:49 »
Slow cooker gammon last night with plot spuds and cabbage  :)

I also made tomato sauce yesterday, so leftover gammon is going in pasta bake with that for tonight  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #438 on: September 18, 2019, 13:36 »
Chicken breast in jerk spices with veggie rice yesterday, today is roast veg pasta bake, with lots of cheese on top. I had my Trashco delivery yesterday and I had re-ordered my favourites without checking how much cheese was in the fridge  :ohmy:
Cheese overdose on the cards this month, I think  :lol: :lol:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #439 on: September 18, 2019, 14:19 »
Cheese overdose on the cards this month, I think  :lol: :lol:

There are worse things I can think of  ;)  As we all know, cheese does make everything better and hot bubbly golden cheese has transformative powers that are beyond description  :lol:

My pasta bake will be sporting a topping of it tonight  :D

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #440 on: September 18, 2019, 18:39 »
This lot had pineapple chicken. White sauce, garlic, ginger, onions/leeks, chicken and smoked bacon with rice, peas and sweetcorn.

As we all know, cheese does make everything better and hot bubbly golden cheese has transformative powers that are beyond description

Tomorrow will be the rest of the bird. Rosemary with mozzarella stuffed under the skin.

snowdrops

« Reply #441 on: September 18, 2019, 21:46 »
Lasagne & salad for me & for the salad dodger chips, fried egg & bacon
Stewed plums & pl yog for me

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #442 on: September 23, 2019, 21:01 »
We had a busy day yesterday, so no roast dinner.  OH was a bit sulky,

I made up for it today with a lamb joint I got given at work because there was some sort of issue with the labeling.  It means they can't be sold, but the staff get handed stuff like that rather than it go in the bin.  Roast plot spuds and veg to go with it, then baked apples for pud  :D

I have won back my domestic goddess points  ;)

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #443 on: September 29, 2019, 17:20 »
Eldest is eating at the Grandparents so Husband and youngest are having pasta (youngest) with a pork and bean slow cooker bake.
Onions, garlic, mixed herbs, smoked paprika, passatta, smoked bacon, pork chunks and butchers sausages.
Steamed marmalade sponge for afterwards. Home made marmalade and I added coco powder to try and make it a chocolate orange sponge. I discovered that you can cook it in the slow cooker for 3 hours, rather than having to babysit it for 90 minutes in a pan.
Warming on a cold day like this.

Yesterday was chicken, with home made stock, smoked bacon, (only 1 packet smoked bacon left in the shop so we're bulking it out) and unsmoked bacon in a garlicky white sauce. Added smoked paprika to help oomph up the smoked aspect. It was pink but very successful with mashed potatoes and more beans for Husband.

Tomorrow is chicken noodle soup.

Beans are home cooked in the pressure cooker, 20 minutes on the lowest setting.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #444 on: September 29, 2019, 18:24 »
On a wet and miserable day like today, I fancied.....shepherd's pie  ::)
That takes me back to making when my children were still at home  :lol: I had to put baked beans in it in those days, though, to get them to it eat it.
I'll have mine with peas and cauliflower.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #445 on: September 29, 2019, 20:04 »
Having endured a children's birthday party this afternoon I had no alternative to treat myself to a Chinese takeaway and all the cider for pudding.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #446 on: September 29, 2019, 21:11 »
Comfort food here as well  :)

Roast chicken dinner with the potatoes and veg all homegrown, then baked apples for pud, with apples I picked from the garden.

OH has a bottle of cider but he says he has bought me a San Miguel, so I might have to go investigate that in a minute  :D

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #447 on: October 03, 2019, 12:25 »
Yesterday's tea was stuffing meatballs in a white sauce with mashed potatoes and peas for the kids.
Husband had in addition fried onions with cabbage with me. Fried the onions and then added the cabbage with pepper and a bit of butter and cheese. Omn nom nom nom amazing nom. Husband had bacon in his. It was amazing, it's been ages since we had bacon and 'bidge (what youngest called cabbage).

Tonight they're having sausage casserole. I'm having more actually because leftovers.

That's the thing I forget, I love Chinese, Italian, French food, Husband loves curries. But nice warming simple but totally satisfying British food is the best on a nasty, cold, windy day.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #448 on: October 03, 2019, 15:54 »
Yesterday I made a thick vegetable stew and a garlic flatbread., 4 portions for the freezer.
The stew had a lot of butternut squash in it because the rind had cracked and started to mould. I'm cooking the fat end tonight with a spicy mince & rice mix in the cavity :)

snowdrops

« Reply #449 on: October 03, 2019, 19:28 »
Home cooked ham, hm coleslaw,salad, courgettes chutney for me, b.beans for him, cheese
Pud for me will be baked oats with blackberries & raspberries,pl yogurt

xx

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post January 03, 2019, 11:35
by John
xx
allotments 2019

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post March 23, 2019, 19:25
by jaydig
xx
Strictly 2019

Started by Tenhens on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post October 05, 2019, 11:58
by Tenhens
xx
What's the weather like where you are? - 2019

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

958 Replies
Last post December 31, 2019, 18:59
by wighty

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 55 queries.