Eggs :D

• 2 Replies

Chicken star

Eggs :D
« on: December 07, 2010, 21:35 »
I don't know if anyone remembers my post a few weeks ago when i said i hadn't had any eggs for a few weeks because i'd moved coops.

Well Yesterday i got a fairly small egg off (i think) my amber star and then again today i got an egg which was about medium size. One of the girls had laid outside one of the horses stables.  :D  :D
So it looks like now they have a field to roamthat it's going to be a hunt the egg game. I'm not too bothered just glad they've started laying again.

Anyway i don't know if this had made them begin laying again but every other morning i've made the girls and Benji a bowl of warm porridge mixed with Cod Liver Oil, half a blended apple, layers mash and a tiny bit of molasses (about a tea spoon not heaped). I don't know if this has encouraged them to start laying again but i just thought i'd let everyone know if they'd like to try it :)

Chicken Star

TeaPots

Re: Eggs :D
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 22:13 »
If you leave the eggs in their nest box, they will come to lay beside them, to save you the egg hunt (and finding eggs that you arent sure how old they are).  I also believe that a warm b'fast encourages laying.  :D

Chicken star

Re: Eggs :D
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 07:38 »
Good idea, never thought of that. Silly me  ;)
I know that's the only bad thing however the two eggs i did find where still warm, so i knew they where fresh.  :)

xx
How Many Eggs Do You Get A Day

Started by blackbelt on Chicken Chat

11 Replies
Last post October 24, 2011, 21:55
by Lindeggs
xx
Just got two eggs

Started by Springlands on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post January 03, 2011, 16:06
by arugula
smiley
five eggs!

Started by bantam novice on Chicken Chat

14 Replies
Last post September 20, 2010, 07:40
by rachelr
xx
Eggs

Started by Suzybat on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post January 18, 2012, 13:48
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 38 queries.