Qualcast Cultimatic De luxe cultivator / rotavator - pulley sizes Please help!

• 67 Replies

smud6ie

If your having problems with the file size when posting pictures try a small application called shrinkpic.if you set it to maximum compression it will automatically resize for you..

http://www.onthegosoft.com/shrink_pic.htm

Gardener1

Hi
Thanks for the link.  The trouble is you think you have it right when it says 128kb but when you send 2 pics it says too large at 194kb!  Is there anywhere to get a copy of the post already sent ie without the pics?
Cheers

Gardener1

Hi

I can't quite see how the main forward drive cable is attached on that pic, the belt is in the way. I am sure there are bits missing on mine.

Thanks

Kev
Hi Kev
I didn't see this post and thought you were having problems with belts.
Sorry.  If you click on the picture on page 1 it will enlarge it.  True it wont move the belt out of the way, but you can't be missing much!  There is a spring one end of which connects through hole in the pivoting bracket and the other goes over what they call a shackle.  From memory this is just a circular, annular ring of diameter perhaps 10mm.  It is drilled and tapped for a screw which you tighten on the cable inner.  The sort of thing you get on some bikes - you pull through the slack before tightening it up.  You can improvise this easily perhaps using the metal inner of one section of the largest terminal strip you have

smud6ie

Hi
Thanks for the link.  The trouble is you think you have it right when it says 128kb but when you send 2 pics it says too large at 194kb!  Is there anywhere to get a copy of the post already sent ie without the pics?
Cheers
What I always do before sending  posts on forums is :select all the text,right click,select copy,then if there is any problem I start the reply again,right click,and paste the text back again.
Also.if your having problems with multple pics,just post one,then edit the post adding another pic.
there are probalely other ways but this is a work around for me which does not tax my poor old brain too much :)
smud6ie

Gardener1

Hi Smud6ie
I do normally do that, even saying them in Word before posting but not this time.  The reason I got caught out was because I still had it on screen with an error message about the pics. I reduced the pics and reloaded them on screen and posted again...
I won't be caught again like that but perhaps the webmaster would look into posting such messages without the pics sd they can always be sent in a follow-up message!

nobby490

hi have just bought  a qualcast  cultimatic de luxe  rotorvator  i pick i up on sunday  so i can measure the  bully wheels  for  you  if you want  me to  im also looking for a exhaust  muffler for  this machine  and im not  sure  what type  fits the  briggs and stratton 4hp engine  i believe  it is the existing engine  so it hasnt been changed  so if anybody can help to find the right  muffler would be very greatful thanks

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
Bit of a thread revival, all that was posted in 2012, they should be sorted by now.

With regard to exhausts, there are two different side valve 4hp engines the first one used the 5hp cylinder block, so uses 5hp exhausts, the second used the 3.5hp cylinder block so uses the 2hp/3hp/3.5hp exhausts. How to tell, the engine model stamped on the fan cowl starts with 10 for the 5hp based engine and starts with 11 for the 3.5hp based engine. Take a close look at that 4 sticker on the fan cowl too, it may say 4 cycle which just means 4 stroke in American, and isn't the hp at all.
R Tallentire

jezza

Hello have a look at  Westwood and Atco they took over production of Qualcast tillers over a period of time  jezza

xx
my qualcast cultimatic?

Started by new_2_veg on Equipment Shed

53 Replies
Last post September 26, 2007, 22:13
by new_2_veg
xx
Qualcast cultimatic help needed

Started by qualcast novice on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post April 18, 2011, 21:54
by qualcast novice
xx
qualcast cultimatic b66 rotovator

Started by hammers07 on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post March 13, 2008, 18:25
by shaun
xx
Qualcast Cultimatic Instructions

Started by Chappers on Equipment Shed

10 Replies
Last post November 22, 2011, 20:02
by Gardener1

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 39 queries.