I'm sure they are taking the you know what

• 3 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
I'm sure they are taking the you know what
« on: June 03, 2013, 21:08 »
My two new girls have been going to bed happily and were even getting quite trained that when the torch went into the coop, it was time to make a move.  Until last night  ::)

Was hanging up washing upstairs when heard real chick alarm cheeps, so went running down to see if they were OK.  They were stood at the base of the ramp, really upset and distressed.  Checked the house and run - all OK - and when I gently encouraged them up the ramp, they ran into the house and were settled in seconds  ???

Tonight, I went to put the torch in the house and they were stood there looking at me.  I said 'So girls, can we get to bed without the hysterics tonight.  You remember where you are going ?'

They looked at each other, back at me and I got a barrage of cheep cheep cheep chick chat.  What does that mean?   Yes ......No ....... maybe ?   ::)  :lol:

Springlands

Re: I'm sure they are taking the you know what
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 22:05 »
They are just trying to get you trained into their routine.  :)  Our hens are a pain at present - it does not get dark here until about 10.30 so we have to stay up until then even if we are knackered.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 09:34 »
Since we have put ours in a walk in run with roof they seem to go to bed earlier.  I suppose the roof cuts some of the light out.  They do get up at the crack of dawn though as the coop doesn't need to be closed so maybe they have just worn themselves out!   ::)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 06:18 »
Since my first post, we have had two nights of perfect going to bed  :wacko:  Last night they were running halfway up the ramp and launching themselves off in a flurry of wing flapping as a pre-bedtime game.  What the terror of the ramp was on Sunday was all about we may never know  ::)

Going to have to think of some names for these two that capture their ditzy nature  :lol:  If its not running around generally being silly, its play fighting or dreaming up new games like the one last night.  Always together, joined at the hip and just as daft as each other  :)

xx
Taking a ride on mum

Started by carolbriar on Chicken Chat

17 Replies
Last post July 02, 2012, 17:18
by carolbriar
xx
Older hen taking exception to newbies

Started by ghost61 on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post May 08, 2019, 13:27
by ghost61

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 40 queries.