Diary of a suburban bantie cockerel

• 260 Replies

wighty

Re: Diary of a suburban bantie cockerel
« Reply #135 on: August 14, 2014, 15:57 »
I don't know whose side to be on - Foggy or Alphie's.  Perhaps we should have a poll. :D :D

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #136 on: August 14, 2014, 16:52 »
I couldn't choose between the 2 handsome boys! :lol:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2014, 17:36 »
Foghorn's diary

Well new names and a change of address for the new girls  :D  They have been resident with moi for the last couple of days and are called Mabel and Millie. 

Mum says they are flapper girl names and is it because they are a couple of independent girls who know their own minds  ???  More like they flap round the place at about a million miles an hour  :lol:  They are cheeky and will nick food from under your beak if you let them, but having to be in a run with the others has sobered them up a bit.  The old girl and Miss B aren't really bothered by them, but Patsy and Eddie have their beaks out of joint. 

When mum peeked in last night to see if they were settled, she found them in a nest box and me in the next door box, making sure they felt safe.  I can't tell you how much trouble I'm in with the others for that  ::)

Of course the pipsqueak had to come over to interfere as soon as he got let out his run today.

I soon told him who was boss and made him think again  :lol:

He eventually got put back in his coop and we got out for a run.  If this week could get any better, it just has.  The grapes on the grapevine are ready!  Mum says she has still got the grape jelly she made last year, so we can have most of them.  Miss B was only too happy to make a start.  Take a breath there girl  ::)  :lol:

IMG_1299_zpsb59a8808.jpg
IMG_1301_zpsa7aedf97.jpg
IMG_1307_zps59e4b16e.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 14:23 by New shoot »

devonbarmygardener

« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2014, 22:48 »
I do love your chicken diaries!! :D

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2014, 07:52 »
Thank you  :D

Foggy was camped out in the next door nest box again last night, so I think he may be a bit loved-up  ;)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2014, 16:36 »
Foghorn's diary

Run clean out today, so we had a good rummage around the garden while mum put a load of new wood chips in and built us a new climbling frame of logs and branches.  There were some windfall apples to peck at as well when we got back in  :D  The girls were off into every corner investigating while I stood and supervised.

It was about then that mum noticed a bit of blood on the front of my comb.  While she had been working, I had been having a face to face with the white pipsqueak through the wire and the little swine managed to land one on me  :mad:  She went to fetch the purple spray, but I was having none of it and she had to give up trying to catch me after a while  :lol:

I got a lecture instead, but no way I was going to be walking round with a purple sprayed head.  I mean, a lad has his image to keep up you know  ;)

Alphie's diary

Well the big run were out and about today and you know who came over to show off  ::)  He started having a go, but I managed to get a shot in and he had to retreat beaten and bloodied  :lol:

I thought no more about it until mum came over and said 'What's this blood on Foggie's comb you little horror'.  I did my best innocent look and looked suitably blank  ;)

I'm not sure she believed me but I got away with it I think.  We got a run out ourselves then and those two girls of mine were following me round all in awe of my fighting prowess  8)  I'm expecting extra big cuddles tonight in the coop  :D
IMG_1335_zps59a63cc2.jpg
IMG_1332_zps90eed980.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 13:37 by New shoot »

nerdle

• The Lone Free Ranger
« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2014, 21:12 »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D
One grandma and 4 baby Pekins.

devonbarmygardener

« Reply #142 on: November 02, 2014, 09:10 »
Norty Alphie!! :lol:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #143 on: December 24, 2014, 13:02 »
Foghorn's diary

Deck the halls with corn and mealworms, falalalala la la la la   

It's Christmas and mum gave us a clean out today so we are all spick and span for Santa Claws to visit.  He brings us chickens special treats so the place has got to look good before the girls hang their stockings up.  The great thing about chicken stockings as that you have lots of toes just right for packing in goodies  :D

Mind you, the party started today with greens and some nice seeds to peck. We got stuck right in I can tell you. 

Merry Christmas everyone from me and the gang. Hope you get so many mealworms to eat your eyes bulge and your coop is full of festive fun  :D

Alphie's diary

Well the ginger showoff reckons he got extras for his girls today, but it was me who got mum running for the treats.  May I recommend Alphie's guide to getting everything you want for Christmas  ;)

First, make sure you are in sight and then adopt the standing on one leg, looking cute, pose. 

Krutial   crooshal  very important next phase, is get that foot tremble exactly right, while gazing up at mum looking hopeful.  You might need to find something shiny to stand in front of and practise this bit, until you get it spot on. 

Repeat until you get what you were after.  See what did I tell you.  It never fails  :lol:

Finally, make sure you mind your manners and make the appropriate happy chuck chuck noises, so they know you appreciate the gift  ;)

Follow those simple steps and you will always be the coop-meister, with adoring girls and a fully trained mum or dad to take care of you   8) 

and much as I love to hate Foggy I have to agree with him about one thing.  Have a fabulous Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone from me and my girls  :D

003_zps8d14c48c.jpg
001_zpsb135c4ce.jpg
002_zpse8116f26.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 15:09 by New shoot »

devonbarmygardener

« Reply #144 on: December 24, 2014, 13:12 »
Merry Christmas Foggy and Alphie and all your lovely chicks  :)

madcat

« Reply #145 on: December 24, 2014, 14:23 »
May your feathers always be fluffy (and photogenic!).   :)
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #146 on: December 24, 2014, 16:41 »
And may your diary continue happily into the coming year  ;)
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2015, 18:32 »
Foghorn's diary

Huge excitement in the coop today  :D  We get regular run clean outs, but 3 or 4 times a year mum goes to town and digs deep down ready for new litter.  She was muttering something about mulching the fruit bushes with the old stuff, but we were too busy helping to dig to listen.

We got kicked out in the end for being under her feet, which was fine, because we then had free run of the garden  :D  While mum puffed and panted hauling bags of old bark chip out, we found loads of leaves under the shrubs and kicked them all over the lawn so we could have a good sort through.  Mum wasn't too impressed at first, but then got a rake and gathered them up for our run. 

We always have logs and bark chips, but mum likes to give us other things to play with and the girls loved the leaves - just look at them go  :lol:  Mum had a job getting them to stand still for a picture  :lol:

I was busy on coop inspection as that had been cleaned out as well.  We got a telling off for digging in the sawdust straight away, I can tell you.

I did my best 'me mum, no never, I would never do such a thing look', but mum was having none of it. She knows me too well  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Alphie's diary

Well Foggy's lot were out today causing havoc, but we stayed out of it.   The Lilac Love Palace is home to my real ladies, not a bunch of old grumpies and young hooligans like that lot thank you very much.

I stood on my bit of wood and looked down on distain like usual.  I do think I get this look off to a tee you know  :lol:  Naomi and Eva agree I can look very distinguished when I want to.

By the way, did you notice the new clear plastic run cover?  Mum treated us so we could be dry and warm, but get more daylight in these short winter days.  We have 3 now  :D  This one, our big green shade and weather protector one and our small summer shade cover.  It pays to be mum's favourite you know  ;)

We think it is great and it makes the run so lovely and light  :D  :D  :D

IMG_1400_zpsvkarome7.jpg
IMG_1401_zpsemrateii.jpg
IMG_1404_zpspb3mfon9.jpg
IMG_1407_zpsgfykx0qp.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 13:41 by New shoot »

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2015, 12:51 »
Alphie's diary

Well its been a few days of bad behaviour from mum  :mad:  She trimmed my spur the other day as it was curling up back against my leg.  Say's its for my own good.  I ask you !  OK so it is more comfortable, but what a liberty !

Then I got a bath on top of it, because she said I was a smelly boy sitting in the nest box with Naomi overnight and pooing in there  :ohmy:  I was going to clean it off ......... just hadn't got around to it  :blush:

Naomi is now fuming with her as the sitting in the nest box has turned into being broody, so mum has blocked off access to it.  So I have my hurt pride, Naomi going on like a fish wife and she thinks a few greens are going to swing it - pah  >:(

I gave her my hard stare and told her where to stick them.  But it was greens and I couldn't resist forever.  I still kept the new 'dead hard' stance I've been perfecting lately going though.  Just in case she got any ideas about grabbing me again.  Wings out, chest puffed and no messing thank you  :lol:

IMG_1424_zpstwhids6n.jpg
IMG_1425_zpsnyzlqn2p.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 13:43 by New shoot »

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2015, 13:09 »
NO messing with you. my boy  :lol:

xx
Bantie Orpintons???

Started by jinty1911 on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post January 17, 2011, 20:56
by Evansent
sad
Hen now cockerel

Started by The Goods on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post January 07, 2013, 21:06
by Paul Plots
xx
how to get rid of next doors cockerel

Started by snowie on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post November 07, 2013, 10:57
by grinling
xx
pic's of my new hens and cockerel

Started by mickthepieman on Chicken Chat

8 Replies
Last post July 04, 2011, 23:05
by NormandyMary

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 57 queries.