Forum Upgrade

• 40 Replies
Re: Forum Upgrade
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2017, 22:36 »
Once again Tom has sorted it - for some reason only admin and possibly mods can post attachments on this board but you can post on ordinary boards. We must have had a reason to set that - just wish I could remember why!!!!!

ryetek

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2017, 08:31 »
Hi John,

That's working fine for me now.

We must have had a reason to set that - just wish I could remember why!!!!!

Ah yes! Isn't that always the case with computer software  :nowink:

Thank you for all your time and hard work.

Cheers,
Paul.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2017, 09:29 »
That's working fine for me now.
That's great! :) :) :)

Thank you for all your time and hard work.
You're welcome - and thanks for appreciating it.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

theothermarg

• me
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2018, 08:56 »
So I did see a social link bar mentioned but nothing about it. I assume that is the strip I am seeing on the left side of my 10'' tablet screen, it's not a problem on my bigger laptop screen but have to dodge it to see the text on the far left as it plants itself over it. It is the row of little boxes isn't it ?
I do see you on F/b and followed your link there to get your site on my tablet and thought that might be why but followed the link from your email and it's still there.
How can I hide it from my screen please ?
Tell me and I,ll forget,Show me and I might
remember,Involve me and I,ll understand

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2018, 10:19 »
Sorry, it's a fixed feature. There's probably a workaround but I've not got a tablet (apart from the ones from the doctor) so don't know how to do it.

snowdrops

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2018, 10:29 »
So I did see a social link bar mentioned but nothing about it. I assume that is the strip I am seeing on the left side of my 10'' tablet screen, it's not a problem on my bigger laptop screen but have to dodge it to see the text on the far left as it plants itself over it. It is the row of little boxes isn't it ?
I do see you on F/b and followed your link there to get your site on my tablet and thought that might be why but followed the link from your email and it's still there.
How can I hide it from my screen please ?

I donít get that Marg. Try logging out,deleting & reinstalling maybe
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

theothermarg

• me
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2018, 15:49 »

I'll do that. really getting on my nerves to only have the very top and bottom of the screen if I want use the very left of it

theothermarg

• me
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2018, 16:05 »
Did that and it's still there, it pops up right over the login square, it wouldn't be quite so bad if it was on the right! I'm sure it wasn't there before the revamp, I would have noticed

theothermarg

• me
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2018, 17:09 »
On my old laptop now and it's no problem as it is on the green border. Shame as my tablet is so quick and easy to use but guess it's not good for everything  ???

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2018, 20:03 »
On my old laptop now and it's no problem as it is on the green border. Shame as my tablet is so quick and easy to use but guess it's not good for everything  ???

The problem is that there are so many ways to view the web - from teeny tiny mobile phone screens to 60 in. TVs. The last upgrade was .. challenging... the thing is to actually please everybody is well nigh impossible. Change something for one system and it affects another as well.

The technology has gone from the Wright brothers to space shuttles in a matter of 20 years.  I decided about 10 years ago to give up trying to keep up - so whilst I understand the principles of web design, the details I leave to a great chap in Hastings. He fits me in around his main client who is in LA!!

theothermarg

• me
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2018, 16:56 »
Yes I do understand, as someone 70 years young I look back in wonder at what has happened in my lifetime and am only just clinging on to the bits of tech that I have learned.
What cannot be cured must be endured.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 45 queries.