Forum Upgrade

• 40 Replies

Plot 1 Problems

• Experienced Member
Re: Forum Upgrade
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2017, 12:42 »
A quick tip for zooming in on a webpage whilst on a desktop: Hold Ctrl and use your mousewheel to change the zoom.  :)

snowdrops

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2017, 19:44 »
A quick tip for zooming in on a webpage whilst on a desktop: Hold Ctrl and use your mousewheel to change the zoom.  :)

Thanks but I use an iPad.😊

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2017, 20:11 »
Well you live and learn! Thanks for that tip - very useful since my eye's ain't what they used to be.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Plot 1 Problems

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 00:05 »
No problems, glad it was of use!

lettice

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 11:27 »
Thanks for the changes.
Quote text is great and easily readable now.
The colour changes on the stickies posts lists looks better too.

snowdrops

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2017, 11:32 »
Thanks for the changes.
Quote text is great and easily readable now.
The colour changes on the stickies posts lists looks better too.

Yes I 2nd that 😊

ryetek

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2017, 12:44 »
Is it just me or are the Gardeners Diaries not working correctly?

So take mumofstig's diary from example. She has made 48 posts but you can only see the first post on each each page. I have tried this in both Firefox and Chrome and it's the same.

All other sections appear to be okay.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 13:14 by ryetek »

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2017, 13:18 »
Is it just me or are the Gardeners Diaries not working correctly?

So take mumofstig's diary from example. She has made 48 posts but you can only see the first post on each each page. I have tried this in both Firefox and Chrome and it's the same.

All other topics appears to be okay.
They seem to be working OK - perhaps something was going on with the server when you looked. We've had a few problems with the new server, mainly configuration issues, but that's a new one.
If you go back and it's still only showing one post, try refreshing your browser in case it's cached.

ryetek

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2017, 13:35 »
Hi John,

That's strange as it's still happening for me. I have refreshed the browser whilst looking at a specific diary page and also cleared all the browsing data in it's entirety. It doesn't make any difference.

I've now tried Firefox ESR, Firefox Quantum, IE10 and Chrome. They are all the same for me so I'm puzzled :wacko:

I wonder if the other forum users are seeing this?

Thanks for your time,
Paul.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 13:36 by ryetek »

jcbuz1970

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2017, 14:00 »
Hi all.
I'm seeing the same thing  as ryetek except I think the other posts are there but page formatting is pushing them all to the right side.
I can see a broken vertical black line that if copied and pasted into notepad reveals the "hidden" posts.
Apologies I would have added a pic but cannot find the attachment button.

ryetek

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2017, 14:12 »
Hi John,

I don't know if this helps you but if you look in the console of the Chrome Developer Tools there is a Google Ads error when you look at the posts in someones diary that you don't see in any other topic for any other section. Maybe this error is causing the page to render incorrectly.

I also see what jcbuz1970 has reported. Also the footer that's on the bottom of every other page in the forum is missing (but only when you view a gardeners diary). I was also going to add a pic but cannot figure out how to add attachments.

Again many thanks for your time for such a great website and forum.

Thanks,
Paul.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 14:14 by ryetek »

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2017, 17:58 »
We're well beyond my ability level now so I'll ask my super tech wizard to fix things. He's pretty busy so might be a few days.Thanks for telling me.
Reminds me a little of the 3rd Godfather film.. "Just when you think you're out, they suck you back in!"

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2017, 18:05 »
I was also going to add a pic but cannot figure out how to add attachments.
When posting you should see a box where you can drag and drop photos along with a Browse button which is the same as in the previous version. See image attached.
forum-posting.jpg

ryetek

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2017, 19:48 »
Hi John,

Thanks for the information on how to post pictures but I don't see the "Add Files..." option under the "More Options" button as per your screenshot. I do see 3 checkboxes that are not in your screenshot however namely "Notify me of replies", "Don't use smileys" and "Return to this topic".

With regards to the original issue I'm now at home using my own PC via a different Internet provider and see the exact same thing across various browsers. I've also tried my wife's iPad and it's the same. Refreshing the page and totally clearing the cache make no difference.

Incidentally if I use my mobile phone then I can see all the posts perfectly (and thats connected to the same network as my PC and my wife's iPad). Also, using my mobile phone, I can see the "Add Files..." option too.  :unsure:

I hope all this information help you out!

Thanks,
Paul.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2017, 22:16 »
Right - we tested things quite extensively and then the moderators had a play on the non-live copy before we went live
However....
As admin or moderator we have higher permission levels so the problems you've seen we don't. I've just logged in as John Test Account (normal member) and the add files option isn't there :(
The short version of the diary thing is that
There was an issue with an unclosed div tag which only occurred on topics where a user was logged in but did not have permissions to post a reply. -
Since admins can always reply, and on 99% of topics users can reply too, we had never seen it happen.
Although members can reply to topics they can't reply to individual diary threads
I will now kick myself  :mad:

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 49 queries.