Blueberries - lots of leaf no flowers

• 3 Replies

jogan

Blueberries - lots of leaf no flowers
« on: May 24, 2017, 13:37 »
Hi, I have two blueberry bushes in pots on my allotment, they are now 4 years old I have had fruit off them every year since i put them in but this year I have lots of leaf growth and they look really healthly but I havent had one flower.  I have done nothing different, fed them topped up the pots with ericaceous compost as i did last year but not a sign of even one flower.  Ideas ? What have I done or not done?
thanks
Jo

AnnieB

• Experienced Member
Re: Blueberries - lots of leaf no flowers
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 21:32 »
Mine are the same, look fine and good growth but very few flowers appeared.
I had put mine down to having moved it from a pot to a decent sized bed constructed for it, but still expected better as the move was I thought pretty painless to it. Certainly no leaf droop or loss observed.

Has been dry and they do like to be reasonably moist, that might account for it I suppose, or may just have been the weather we have experienced confusing it or them.

Can only really wait until next year I suppose.

TheWhiteRabbit

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 10:51 »
Mine are about 4 years old too and mine aren't looking great this year. Very few flowers and two aren't looking very leafy either. Admittedly mine haven't been fertilised as much as they probably should have been but it looks like it might not be a great year for blueberries.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 13:33 »
Just to complete the set, one of my two now rather ancient blueberry bushes has plenty of leaves but few flowers, the other the exact opposite. Obviously won't get much off the one with few flowers, and can't see the other one being able to develop and ripen all the berries with hardly any leaves to sustain it.

The second one mentioned has always been more prolific than the other one, but why they should both be struggling but in such different ways is completely beyond me.  :unsure:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

xx
Leaf drop on blueberries

Started by Susannah on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 22, 2014, 12:08
by Susannah
xx
lots of green leaf on my pasnips?

Started by starry on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post August 17, 2011, 21:47
by starry
xx
Lots of flowers but no tomatoes.

Started by Goosegirl on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post August 04, 2018, 20:58
by Growster...
xx
Lots of flowers but no beans.

Started by Judypumpkin on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post July 22, 2020, 10:14
by al78

Page created in 0.322 seconds with 40 queries.