Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

New (and old) members please read the Site Policies

Author Topic: trees  (Read 593 times)

chrissie B

trees
« on: March 07, 2017, 15:53 »
Well been lobbing chunks off my trees of which there are 8 and 2 smaller ones but the 8 go mad , i think some one had a bright idea of making a hedge unfortunatly no one kept a check on them so when we bought it they were quite big we lob off abit of the top each year and now they are getting to a managable  hight just need abit trimming for a better shape and im done .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

Mum2mj

Re: trees
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 17:04 »
I have 4 remaining leylandi in my garden - bane of my life they will be coming down this year.  Unfortunately can't take down next doors leylandi hedge.... :unsure:

chrissie B

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 19:02 »
I dont have any of those but across the back had one well over the hiht of their house it took a couple of days to get it down , i hat seeing trees come down even when they must , mine just need abit tweeking now and i will be happy .
good luck with yours .
chrissie b

Mum2mj

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 19:14 »
I dont have any of those but across the back had one well over the hiht of their house it took a couple of days to get it down , i hat seeing trees come down even when they must , mine just need abit tweeking now and i will be happy .
good luck with yours .
chrissie b

The problem is they suck the life out of everything around them.  Everyone seems to have them around here, there's one a few doors down that is around 50ft  :wacko:
But I know what you mean & I will be planting different, smaller trees around the place  :D

grinling

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 19:17 »
We have several trees and it has taken a few years to get the apple trees to a manageable state. Hopefully will be moving 5 this year...2 are in pots

chrissie B

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 07:04 »
Ive got an apple. In a pot and would like 1 more fruit tree because we will move into our bungalow in just over 4 years and want a couple of established trees , keeping in pots because its a much smaller garden down there , just dont know what to get for the second tree,not pares though .
chrissie b

chrissie B

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 15:41 »
Well got all my trees done many scratches later but there done and got a good bit off the top and a better shapes as well they are brown at the back i think it may be because they are close to the fence maybe with a good trim the backs may  green up. .
chrissie b

Goosegirl

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 12:18 »
Just got to be careful with cutting down some trees as some are protected by local law, so it's worth checking that out beforehand.
"Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend." Martin Luther King.

Mum2mj

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 16:21 »
Just got to be careful with cutting down some trees as some are protected by local law, so it's worth checking that out beforehand.

We only moved in a couple of years back and there are no protected trees on our property 😊👍

chrissie B

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 18:29 »
These are just thebog standard tree thats in the garden center for 99p and left to go wild they are bit more managable now .
ive got 4 yews as well love them they just get a tidy them up .
chrissie b

grinling

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 13:59 »
Do not burn any part of the yew as it is toxic

chrissie B

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 17:17 »
No we never burn stuff althouh next door does.
chrissie b

Share via twitter

xx
Bay trees

Started by Angelah

17 Replies
Last post July 30, 2008, 14:52
by peapod
clip
Can Anyone Help with Fiq Trees

Started by Kghareeb

5 Replies