Canna lilies

• 2 Replies

jools68

Canna lilies
« on: February 04, 2016, 23:39 »
Hi,im a huge fan of cannas,ive got some seeds germinated(Musa,warscewiczii,new zealand paniculata etc) and im also hoping with this mild weather that my planted ones will come back in spring,fingers crossed!
Any tips welcome,ive strawed mulched them hope its enough  :unsure:
“If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe, then man would have only four years of life left. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more man.”.........Einstein

snowdrops

Re: Canna lilies
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 08:53 »
I've got a couple of canna lilies but always bring them in to the up heated conservatory for the winter. They've stayed in leaf this year rather than dying down which is a first. I'm expecting them to go whoosh now with the couple of days of sun we've had this week as its been warm enough to sit in there. I'll be interested to hear how yours fair being left out. Did you save the seed or was it bought?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

jools68

Re: Canna lilies
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 20:23 »
Hi snowdrops,i lost about 70 last yr so ive only got some Musifolia i grew from seed also Ehemani,carribean crush and rose quartz i bought as rhizomes from  the USA,i hope they make it but seem ok up to now,the Ehemanii is still in the ground the others in the GH.
Ive ordered some Russian Red,Tuerckheimii and omega seeds and ive got Paniculata,warscewiczii and more Musafolia that germinated last week in the propagator,im not buying more rhizomes thou as its a lot of money to loose  :)

xx
Canna's

Started by Hey Jude on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post February 25, 2011, 13:39
by Hey Jude
xx
Canna's

Started by Hey Jude on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post April 21, 2011, 17:35
by Trillium
xx
Growing Canna Plants from Seed

Started by Dilly Dom on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post October 04, 2014, 10:45
by ghost61
xx
Lilies

Started by Eblana on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post June 08, 2021, 14:04
by Eblana

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 37 queries.