Pet cemetery

• 5 Replies

the spiv

Pet cemetery
« on: November 28, 2015, 19:54 »
Hi all
I'm planning to turn the one side of my garden into an veg plot but over the past 10-15yrs it's been used as an pet cemetery for my kids pets (the kids are all grown up now).buried there are fish.rabbits (at least 6) gerbils. ferrets.hamsters .on the other side are available Yorke  (our penny 15 yrs when she died ) the cat (lucky ) and tried and collie cross (14 yrs when she died ) .Back to the other side I want to grow veg there the last animal buried there was about 3yrs ago a budge. At the moment it's a lawn .any advice
Psst ! oi you wanna buy any petrol coupons

Goosegirl

Re: Pet cemetery
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 10:14 »
There will probably be nothing to see from the smaller ones; however with the dogs and cats it really depends on how deep their graves were. We buried our cats about 5 foot deep in a place in the back garden but we don't dig there anyway.  I'd suggest that if you do find any remains, dig another grave where they won't be disturbed and interr them all there along with a little prayer if you wish.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Nobbie

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 15:17 »
How deep did you bury them? I suspect they'll be well rotted by now and just be bones left. Saves you putting any blood,fish and bonemeal on the ground.

the spiv

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 23:45 »
How deep did you bury them? I suspect they'll be well rotted by now and just be bones left. Saves you putting any blood,fish and bonemeal on the ground.
true I must say we planted a plum tree near the cat and dogs and this year it was heaving with plums so it must be the blood fish and bones .

grendel

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 12:27 »
some of our pets are planted several feet down and now under the rhubarb patch, but we tend to get them cremated now (not that cheap- but it sort of became habit).
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

the spiv

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 12:40 »
some of our pets are planted several feet down and now under the rhubarb patch, but we tend to get them cremated now (not that cheap- but it sort of became habit).
yes grendel I think thats the  way  we are going now .still got a cat .and greyhound. Bird.hamster. rabbit fish so still got a small  zoo

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 38 queries.